Chefchaouen town- Morroco

Chefchaouen, Morocco

Chefchaouen town- Morroco Reviews

travelcanuck travelca…
Chefchaouen Town- For off the beaten path travellers Oct 03, 2011
Chefchaouen (translated as "look at the horns", Morocco is an amazing little town nestled beneath two mountain peaks known as Ech-Chaoua (the horns) in the heart of Riff mountains, just a 2.5 hours drive from Tanger. It has the reputation as being popular among backpackers for it's easy accessibility to weed and hash but this town is so much more than that and honestly you would never know of this reputation unless you read it somewhere. This town is also known as the safest place in Morocco, the streets are clean and the people are charming. Also, there are hand crafted trinkets everywhere, your shopping cravings will be satisfied, that I can assure you.

Now that I have given you some facts and consensus about this location I am going to give you my own personal review. This place was incredible, even though I was travelling with a group I felt that I was alone, free to interpret and experience this town myself. The buildings and the doors were different shades of blue, weirdly enough the overuse of blue was calming and beautiful. There are waterfalls, pathways and bridges throughout the town, everywhere you looked was overwhelming to your visual senses. I look to my left and I see mothers with their children, laughing and splashing in the waterfall and to my right I see woman scrubbing clothes with washboards, while chatting. Yes, Aesthetically this town was mesmerizing but it struck a chord with me, it meant something more. I felt free, I felt like no matter where my travels lead me in the future I needed to come back here and look up at the mountains and experience that same feeling of euphoria again.
I can't wait to go back
Cats were everywhere in this town
Alley in Chefchaouen, Morocco
Sandramaria Sandrama…
Chefchaouen town- Morroco Jan 03, 2010
This is one the most charmy town where you will love to get lost in. It is located at the north of Morroco on the way from Tangeir down to the south to Fes.

This is call the blue city in the Rif Mountains a heaven of tranquility and peace.

Check Chefchaouen Hotel Deals