Chef Colin Brown

2 Yabsley Street, London, United Kingdom

Chef Colin Brown London Reviews

bashmentbabe bashment…
Absolutly Fantastic Apr 17, 2010
Chef Colin Brown is a Caribbean restaurant in London, in the heart of Docklands, it serves authentic cuisine from Caribbean countries such as Jamaica, Barbados ect.

We entered the restuarant and were met by a great barman that told us he would make us something nice to try (a cocktail) He made us extremely delicious Rum based drinks and they were very strong 'thats how they do it in the Caribbean' he told us (but ofcourse I already knew that) :)

Its a lovey, dinky, little place and very '21st century', with a piano in the corner and chandelier style lights. As the evening went on we realised that as fabulous as this all was the best part was still to come, the food! I ordered Jerk chicken for starters and James ordered a little lobster dish... Rum punches still flowing... and then for mains I ordered Ackee (which is Jamaica's national dish) it came with tomatoes, rice and peas and It was incredible, Chef Colin Brown is a very talented man, James ordered a Jerk Chicken dish for mains which he just loved. Half way through our meal we realised that we had the pleasure of dining next to the Jamaican Prime Minister at the very next table they also were recording him for something and the Chef poped out to say hello. Overall this is by far the best Caribbean resturant I have ever been to and also on my favourites list. I will definaty be returning and Highly reccommend this resturant for anyone that loves Caribbean cuisine, it's delightful.
Bar and tables
Tia05 says:
It's very hard to find posh restaurants that serve caribbean but im going to try this lace with my boyf thanks.x
Posted on: Apr 18, 2010
manoela28 says:
fantastic write up, sounds very nice
Posted on: Apr 17, 2010