Checkers Inn Singapore

Campbell Lane Little India Singapore, Little India, Singapore

Compare Lavender Hotel Rates (1.5km away)

Checkers Inn Singapore Little India Reviews

drmcflurry drmcflur…
Check Out Checkers Inn Nov 25, 2012
When I first came to Checker's Inn I was actually moving out from one of Singapore's 'Budget' hotels. I wished I had done this sooner then I could've probably saved a lot of SGDs than stay at a mediocre hotel. Reception was really nice and helpful in giving out information that I needed. The place had a cool atmosphere with a common dining and living space. This was my first time to sleep in a room with other people I didn't know but it was not bad at all since there probably only around 4 of us for a room of around 10 I guess. For the price of 20SGD you get a bunk bed and a locker to keep all your things. I just had the mistake of traveling with a huge luggage and it didn't really fit in the locker. Other stuff in the place are for rent such as the laundry and bedsheets which I didn't mind at all. Toilets were pretty clean and up to Singapore standards. Just don't expect a bathtub and other fancy stuff. Shower stalls were pretty small and would probably be a problem for larger guys. Reception had a lot of brochures about the area and are very kind to give you information you may need. The place was also situated in Little India which I didn't mind at all as there were a lot of affordable dining areas nearby. I highly recommend this to any backpacker or budget traveler headed this way as it's a really good place to rest your head and get your bearings. Although the place may be a bit far from the main shopping districts, the nearby Metro at Little India will help you solve that no problem.
sage719 sage719
A wonderful place to stay in on a budget May 21, 2011
I came across this place by accident. I was looking for another traveller's inn but got lost instead and ended infront of checkers inn. What caught my attention was its nice lobby and interior -- its looks new,clean and well maintained by just looking at it outside. The guy on the counters are welcoming, very friendly and checking their rates per night fits my budget well- its about 30SGD/night breakfast included .

the room have about 8 beds but I got the room all to myself then. You get clean linens, towels,toiletries with hot or cold showers. there is cozy comfy corners you can hang out and check the street outside and a place to do your laudry. they dont allow outsiders though not even in the lobby. The interiors is cool, toys hanging on the ceilings , photos , free use of the internet and while your out you can check your bags on their security room so rest assured your things are safe.

The place is wonderful. The people are nice and helpful in giving directions on place of interests. when I get back in Singapore I will definitely stay back here.

Compare Lavender Hotel Rates (1.5km away)

Checkers Inn Singapore Map