Check the taxi meter

Bangkok, Thailand

Check the taxi meter Bangkok Reviews

jaaf jaaf
Nov 12, 2007
While we were traveling in a taxi we were frequently checking the meter we knew that the meter starts from 35 baht.

When the journey get to an end the Meter was displaying 51 baht and suddenly the driver press the accelerator and it went to 53 baht and within a second he reset the meter and said 100 baht.

we were keeping an eye on the meter so we said it was 51 baht. he again tried to cheat and said "ya ! ya! 61 baht"

we were really disappointed when he tried to cheat us twice. So we left the taxi by giving him a note of 50 baht.

At Least Do This: keep an eye on the meter of taxi. try to check it frequently. cuz they make you busy in the buildings and all that kinda stuff so try NOT to put your attention any where else beside the meter.

Alternative: As far as possible try to travel by BTS!

Its fun as well as quick and accurate
Typical taxis in Bangkok
jaaf says:
Yep U R right "doug"
Posted on: Jan 08, 2008
doug says:
cuz no one likes to get robbed regardless for how much money.
Posted on: Jan 08, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Check the taxi meter

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Bangkok . From there, I would head to Auckland in New Zealand for some extreme sports (extreme Ironing anyone?) flowed by the cook Islands and Fiji finally heading to Australia…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals