Cheap and convenient resort

Check Langkawi Hotel Deals

Cheap and convenient resort Langkawi Reviews

jenyenh jenyenh
The Lanai Beach Resort May 16, 2011
A friend and I went to Langkawi in April. Just out of the blue we thought it's a place that we can chill out on the beach and at the same time we can go diving. We chose the Lanai Beach Resort due to it's location. It is near the airport, just about 15 mins and it has a beach and apparently the best Sunset on the island. Initially I had been in touch with the reservations on email and they had quoted me a rate which includes breakfast. It sounds very cheap so we didn't know what to expect. We looked at other resorts in the same area but the Lanai is half the price. So, we thought we'd stay there and if we don't like we will go somewhere else. When we arrived at the resort, it was very warm, the receptionists were very friendly. The resort looks really old though, their lobby looks cold and tired, but the staff were very accommodating, soft spoken and very helpful.

There was no bellman that took our luggage to the room, even though we were staying on the third floor. But for a very cheap price we couldn't expect anything more than what we got. The swimming pool is one of a kind, it's huge and it has it's charm. There were two restaurant, one was the all day dining where they also serve buffet breakfast. The other one is by the beach just next to the bar. The buffet breakfast has great selection, we stayed 5 nights and the food didn't bore us. Especially that the friend that I tagged along is a chef. The beach was not as clear as Maldives, but I guess living in the Maldives any other beach cannot surpass it beauty. The scene in front of the beach is outstanding, the site of the fishing boats from a distance just before sunset was like a postcard. When we went around and told people we are staying in Lanai Beach Resort, everyone told us it has the best sunset in the whole Langkawi. Indeed, it has. It looked as if the sun was bigger in that area compared anywhere else.

The swimming pool service was great, and they are very prompt at filling in your glass when it's almost finished. The houskeeping was amazing, they tend to fold our clothes that we left on the chairs, which I intentionally do in the hotels just to see how much extra services they do and this resort did not disappoint me.

I was thinking this resort will be good for friends, couples or even big families. They also have kids pool, so it's safe. The only thing that we didn't like about it was the walls are not sound proof. One night the room next to us were fighting and the doors were slammed a couple of times, we couldn't sleep all night. It was a disaster. But in general it was an amazing stay and I would go back to the same resort in case we visit Langkawi in the future.

Check Langkawi Hotel Deals