Che Lagarto Hostels - Copacabana

Che Lagarto Hostels - Copacabana Rates and Deals

Che Lagarto Hostels - Copacabana Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Sads79 Sads79
Good atmosphere and right on the beach Jun 20, 2009
Che Lagarto have some excellent deals on the website - in June, I managed to get 5 nights for US$50 (R$123), which was as cheap as anywhere I've stayed in Brazil. These rates are only available on the website and not if you just turn up at the door.

This hostel has great location in Ipanema, just two blocks from the beach, so its great for chilling out. The bar downstairs has a good atmosphere, although the drinks are relatively expensive compared to other hostels. They do some ok food each night like all you can eat pizza, etc, but the quality varies (the Mexican was good).

Some people complained of bed bugs and I think I got a few, so they could do with getting rid of them.

The tours they offer are good, but I felt they were expensive. The Salgueiro tour to the samba school cost R$45 even though extrance was actually only R$10 on the door, so the hostel takes a a decent slice of everything you book. And when I tried to get a taxi to the bus station, Guto the receptionist booked one for me that would have cost R$45, when the meter taxi on the street only cost R$35, so they not always entirely helpful and felt they were out to try and make money of the backpackers all the time rather than just being genuinely helpful.
knight012 knight012
Rio de Janeiro Jul 10, 2008
Hands down the best hostel I've experienced so far. If you ever get the chance to visit Rio, check this hostel out, it is off the hook. You can even bar tend some nights if you want. See picture for proof
We were taking over that bar, no j…

Check Che Lagarto Hostels - Copacabana Rates and Deals