Che Guevara Mausoleum

(042) 205878

Che Guevara Mausoleum Santa Clara Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Must see in Santa Clara Oct 05, 2017
We took a horse carriage ride to the Che Guevara Masoleum from the tobacco factory. Our driver dropped us just outside the Monument since horse carriages are not allowed to enter close to the Monument itself but cars could pass the security area to stop opposite the monument. It is not possible to walk to this Monument since it is located outside of the main city and one would see it if you arrive via the Viazul bus.

It was very hot but luckily it was not crowded. I have been wanting to see the monument since forever.

Standing tall overlooking a wide range of empty land space, stood Che’s statue. So majestic.

There is a guard guarding the statue of Che and the area surrounding the monument.

Underneath the monument, is the mausoleum where the 29 fellow combatants who fought together with Che in Bolivia and were killed were buried. There is an exhibition reflecting Che’s life. Both rooms are air-conditioned, thank God! Note that you are not allowed to take pictures inside the Masoleum or exhibition. I must say it was a very humble mausoleum compared to the masoleums that I had seen. I would expect it to be a bit more grand since this is Che, he is so important in the Cuban revolution.

You have to walk to this small building to deposit your belongings. There is a toilet here where you do not need to pay and 2 small souvenir shops and a shop selling drinks. We bought a book in the souvenir shop.

Nearby the Che Monument is a burial ground of army officers. There is an everlasting flame lit as well.
Santa Clara Map