Chaweng Regent Beach Resort
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Rates and Deals
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Koh Samui Reviews
Affordable Luxury, great location Jun 25, 2011
This would be a classified as a medium-sized resort in Koh Samui. It had 2 pools, a pool bar and plenty of sun lounges available both by the pool and on the beach.
The breakfasts here were great and offered a huge variety every day. They had staff cooking eggs to your liking on request and even traditional Thai food for breakfast.
- Staff were fabulous, very polite and attentive;
- Pool bar was great and was a great place to meet other travellers
- The location was excellent; about 3 minutes walk from the main night-life spot (Soi Green Mango). If you walk to the end of that particular lane way you'll find probably the only non-girly bar, just a great party. There was also a very cheap laundry service available just next door to the hotel (at the Internet cafe), so don't bother using the hotel laundry.
- Room Service was prompt and the food was decent.
- Rooms were spacious and the bathrooms had all the amenities.
- As with other hotels in Thailand, they provided free bottled water.
- The layout of the rooms was odd, with a swinging door separating the bathroom from the rest of the room, and a separate toilet beyond the swinging door. Because of the placement of the shower and the mirror, it meant anyone who was showering would be seen by anyone who wanted to use the toilet - something to keep in mind if you're travelling with friends only and sharing a room.
- I had gone with 2 friends and they said that there was a 3rd bed available; this was nothing more than a glorified "window" seat, and the mattress was paper thin and hard. Additionally, it is only really suitable for people who are less than 5'3. I think this is intended for Children however they did allow us to book for 3 adults. We requested an additional fold away mattress and they obliged, however, this made the room extremely crowded (and the mattress was still awful).
- Wifi is NOT free and actually is quite expensive.
- All the amenities in the room such as the Citronella spray etc are not free.
- The beach outside the hotel is not so much a beach as a shallow lagoon; you couldn't swim in it and have to walk 200metres along the beach to where the other hotels have their chairs etc. On the plus, because its at the end of the beach, you don't have as many annoying vendors hassling you.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Overview
The Chaweng Regent Beach Resort features characteristic Thai architecture and a location close to the center of Chaweng Town. There is access to all the shopping, dining and nightlife the tourist area has to offer within walking distance of this hotel. The island's main village is 20 miles away. The Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a roughly 15 minute drive from the island's airport. One may walk to Chaweng Town from the hotel.
The rooms at the Chaweng Regent Beach Resort have minibars, coffeemakers, safes, cable television, high speed Internet access and DVD players. There is room service available. Each room as its own balcony.
The Chaweng Regent Beach Resort offers sports and relaxation facilities including tennis and volleyball. Onsite there are two pools, pools suitable for children, a spa, a fitness center and a sauna. There are two restaurants on the property as well as a poolside bar. Internet service is a available in public areas, concierge services are available and there is a business center onsite.
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Amenities