Chauncy Creek Lobster Pier

Kittery, Maine

Chauncy Creek Lobster Pier Kittery Reviews

jamartin39 jamartin…
Chauncy Creek Lobster Pier Mar 17, 2012
Chauncy Creek is not your typical restaurant. When you arrive you park at street level and then walk down a flight of steps because the restaurant does not sit at street level.

You seat yourself, they do have indoor and outdoor seating. The indoor seating is pretty much just a tent so it might get a little chilly on a colder day make sure to dress for the weather.

You can bring your own drinks including alcohol, they have a byob policy as they do not have a liquor license this is allowed in Maine and it is posted down on thier decks near where you order your food. If you dont bring your own soda/pop/juice/water your only option is to buy it from a vending machine and choices are limited.

You have two places to order food, one ordering station is specifically for lobsters and thier side dishes like corn on the cob, the second ordering station is for lobster rolls, desserts, and items along that nature. Like many lobster pounds, you can pick out the lobster you want, they have them grouped into different tanks by wieght.

They do have waitstaff but they do not come and take your order, they will drop off your order to your table )and you must have a table before you place your order) and that is when you pay the waitress, other than that you clear the table yourself and they will wipe it down after you leave.

Chauncy Creek is definatly not your typical restaurant, its one of those places you need to know before you go. The food was not bad, they do boil thier lobsters and I prefer mine to be steamed. One of my aunts got a lobster roll and most places mix the mayonaise in with the lobster but the mayonaise was spread on the bun. Its all about personal preference.

They do have a nice view of the river and a portion of the harbor, I cannot comment on the interaction with the employees because as I stated we didnt have a lot of interaction with them. I probably wont go out of my wat to go here again, but thats just me. I know my aunt would go out of her way to eat here because that is how we came to eat here today.
spocklogic says:
Looks like a place I ate at once way back in the day. If it wasn't this place, it was one that looked & operated very similarly. Brings back some memories anyway...
Posted on: Jun 25, 2012