Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda

Shwe Gan Daing Road, Yangon, Myanmar

Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda Yangon Reviews

davejo davejo
fortune tellers at Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda Feb 02, 2017
After seeing the Chauk Htat Gyi Buddha we returned to the main gate where there were several fortunetellers and when we were in Tachileik, Northern Myanmar a few years ago she wanted to have her fortune read but each time we went to his house the guy was never there, so here was her big chance. I think there were four fortune tellers but the first three did not speak English so she employed the services of an elderly man who was furthest away from the entrance. At first he asked for $ 10 but we knew that this was an inflated price so in the end he decided to read her fortune for just one dollar. I am certainly not a believer in this but many Asian people are keen believers, including my wife. I sat outside and watched the world go by until, she re-appeared 20 minutes later. She was so excited as the old fellow knew or guessed so much about her, and even though i tried to explain that it was just coincidence she was convinced that he was genuine in his trade. Later i chatted to the guy and at one time he held an important job and that is why he spoke such good English. Therefore if you want your fortune read just follow in my wife's footsteps, and i hope he gets it correct !

Check Yangon Hotel Deals