Chau Long New Wing Hotel Sa Pa

024 Dong Loi Street, Sapa, Vietnam

Chau Long New Wing Hotel Sa Pa Sapa Reviews

almost above the clouds Mar 21, 2009
Chau Long Sapa Hotel apparently is one of the high end hotels in Sapa. I didn't know that until I set foot in it. The old wing is 2-star, while the new wing is rated 4-star. It never occurred to me that a single hotel can have two ratings and that Handspan's Sapa Trekking Tour would includes a stay at the new wing. No wonder the whole package was expensive.

But it's all worth it though. I've heard stories about how some Sapa hotels have problems with their hot water. I didn't encounter any of that in Chau Long Sapa Hotel. And that was the most important thing for me since It's freakin cold up the mountains!

Anyway, Chau Long Sapa's service was excellent from the get-go. They picked us up from the Lao Cai Train Station at dawn where we got to experience a very scenic view up the mountains.

The room wasn't ready yet when I arrived at the hotel, but I didn't have any problem with that since I had to go early morning shopping for warm clothes. After breakfast, I was lead to my room and I was really impressed by it.

First, the view was fantastic - cloud-covered mountains and all that! And the room itself was worth every vietnamese dong! The bed was huge, there was a heater, the TV programs were watchable, free WIFI in the room, and the bath tube was big too!

The hotel also has an indoor heated pool and jacuzzi as well as massage services which i got avail after a day's trek to the tribal villages. The massage, I pretty much can't remember because I fell asleep. So I guess, it must have been that good.

Breakfast was a little problematic since there were so many hotel guests, I didn't have a seat. But they allowed me to bring eat my breakfast in my room. And what could be more perfect than that - early morning breakfast with a view.

Location-wise it's good because everything within the town center is walking distance from the hotel.

I had such a wonderful stay in Chau Long Sapa that I can actually say it's one of my favorite hotels ever.
chau long sapa hotel new wing. my…
chau long sapa hotel new wing.
ckwai7 says:
so close. i stayed at the old wing...share with you osme pics later. new wing looks expensive! :)
Posted on: Mar 23, 2009