Chatterbox Pub

www.chatterboxpub.net - (651) 699-1154

Chatterbox Pub Saint Paul Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Fun and Games! Jul 30, 2011
The Chatterbox Pub is a restaurant/bar filled with board games and individual booths have tv screens for video games. You can pick out a game or two from several board games they have on the shelves by the front door. Or you can rent a video game system, including an old school Nintendo, Sega Genesis and Atari! Video games are rented for $1-2 per game. The menu has separate sections for food, drink and games!

I was here for a bachelor/bachelorette party and we had the banquet room reserved. The room had a large pull down screen and projector so we could play Nintendo on the wall. We had one server for a bunch of people and she was awesome. She did a great job our getting drink orders, keeping drinks filled and keeping track of food orders. We ate and then spent the rest of the evening talking and playing board games in small groups.

For dinner, I ordered squash dip (appetizer) and make-your-own macaroni and cheese. It was soooo good! I got mine with ham, broccoli and mushrooms. My friend got the same thing but with sage sausage and chili. Other people near me got wraps and sweet potato fries and fried pickles (yum!). I also got a micro-brewed beer that was pretty good. Surprisingly, they do not have Coke or Pepsi, but rather an imitation version that is a bit like Pepsi.

When I walked out to pick out some games, I noticed that almost every table had a board game on it (those that had people sitting there anyway). There was a least one cluster of couches/cushy chairs facing a tv so people could play video games instead of sit at a table. The dining room was nice and big and accommodating for lots of groups. The booths were high backed so your game noise didn't interrupt the neighbors :)

Overall, this was a very fun place with good food! If you are not big into games, this would just be like a regular restaurant/bar. But if you do like games, this place is awesome! They have games for all ages, so you can bring kids here as well. I definitely recommend this place for something a little more interesting to do for dinner or drinks.
Chatterbox Pub front
game menu
the banquet/party room
squash dip
sarahsan says:
Have never been to a restaurant with games. Looks like fun!
Posted on: Aug 06, 2011
kumikob says:
Sounds fun, so I should try though I am not a game person (but my daughter is!) - the food looked really good!
Posted on: Aug 05, 2011