Chateau de Pitray

Gardegan-et-Tourtirac, France
Chateau de Pitray - View from above

Compare Saint-Emilion Hotel Rates (10.7km away)

Chateau de Pitray Gardegan-et-Tourtirac Reviews

Ingreuoga Ingreuoga
Most stunning Chateau in France Apr 14, 2011
I found this beauty online whilst looking for a reasonably priced wine tour in Bordeaux area. Since all the tours were quite expensive and sounded a bit boring, I couldn’t believe my luck when I came across this place. It wasn’t just the most beautiful Chateau located in a remote area next to the forest, but the price of two nights (which was just a bit more expensive than a wine tour from Bordeaux alone) included a personal wine tour and wine tasting.

We were met by warm and friendly owners of the chateau who made us feel more like a family then quests. The chateau looked more like a castle with winding stairs taking us to a beautifully decorated rooms and Victorian style bathroom.

I can honestly say that I don’t think there is a better, more beautiful chateau with a warmer welcome in France.

The owners recommended and booked us a table for lunch in a local town – food was not just amazing but also cheap! And if you want to get away from the tranquility of forest surrounding the Chateau you can be in the beautiful St Emilion in just half an hour.

Definitely a must see place.
View from above

Compare Saint-Emilion Hotel Rates (10.7km away)

Gardegan-et-Tourtirac Map