Chateau Thomas Tasting Room & Gift Shoppe

8235 E. 116th Street, Fishers, IN, USA

Chateau Thomas Tasting Room & Gift Shoppe Fishers Reviews

castex21 castex21
..."For the discriminating wine enthusiast" Mar 27, 2012
The title mentioned above is actually the tagline for Chateau Thomas Winery located in Plainfield, IN. With this tasting room located in Fishers, it allows other wine drinkers and local restaurants to enjoy a very good brand without having to drive near the airport.

My first time here was when Susan (Tamanawas) suggested we go during her recent trip to Indianapolis. We were served by a very knowledgeable and witty gentleman simply known as Ivan. It was quite a nice evening, and certainly deserved a returns.

On my second visit my running mate would be my mother. Once again Ivan was there to greet us, and guide us through another great wine tasting experience. While taking your preferences into consideration, he would offer up other great selections and suggestions to compliment foods and satisfy your palate (The complimentary chocolate chip morsels followed by the Vintage Port...mmmmm!). What was really great is not once did he come across as pompous or pretentious. I believe this type of outing would cater to the classically trained connoisseur, as well as the first time novice.

Officially, Chateau Thomas offers 5 wine tastings starting at $5 (The short list of reserve wines has a $7 fee). Though Ivan has been generous enough to share between 7-9 samplings. These range from award winning wines with bold names like: Tosca, Teroldego, Fleur d' Peche, and Sweet Ab Ultra. If you wish to stay a bit longer and have something to eat, Chateau Thomas will allow you to order delivery from neighboring restaurants Wild Ginger and Marco's Pizza. You may then adjourn to the Veranda Room, where you may order more glasses or a bottle of wine. You might even be lucky enough to catch a live music show on the weekends. They also invite you to join their Special Delivery Wine Club or own your very own barrel in the Cooper's Club.

Personally, my favorite extra to this establishment is the availability of the wines. While current Indiana laws prohibit buying wine and spirits from stores on Sunday, you can make purchases at Chateau Thomas Winery and Shoppes per their farmer's license.

I think I mentioned before Chateau Thomas is definitely worth a visit and worthy of a returns. Enjoy.
My mother
cicie says:
Congrats on featured review:)
Africancrab says:
Congratulations on the feature, nice review.
monky says: