Chateau Du Lac Hotel

Chateau Du Lac Hotel Rates and Deals

Chateau Du Lac Hotel Genval Reviews

t0skan t0skan
Beware they get your reservation right & send a confirmation prior Aug 22, 2011
My husband and I wanted to have a relaxing, romantic weekend away. So I made a reservation and we rented a car for the weekend in question. I have never had such difficulties making a reservation anywhere.

The first time I called I made a reservation and gave my e-mail address in order to receive an e-mail confirmation. A few days later, not having received one, I called again to verify my information was correct and asked, again, to be sent a confirmation. Again, no confirmation. So I call, again, a few days later, to be sent a confirmation. This time it turns out they had the date for the wrong week (one week later), so I asked if they could still change it. The receptionist said that was possible and so he changed it or just explicitly stated that he had. Suffice it to say, I still did not receive the confirmation. It was now close to the day of our stay and I decided to call the hotel before we left to confirm the reservation and ask for the check-in-time. It turned out we had no reservation and had no rooms available.

I always like to have a confirmation in hand to both avoid these sorts of mistakes and to prove that I have a reservation. I got gift-vouchers to use at this hotel chain, but frankly, I really don't know if I want to do business with them. Sending an e-mail confirmation should really not be so difficult. We also have the expense of renting a car this weekend that we have had no use for. So incompetent!
donouwens donouwens
The Finest Château of Belgium Mar 25, 2009
After being able to save some extra money during the expensive holidays last year, I decided to spend it on a trip (because that's what real TB's do).

So I searched the internet and booked a room for one night at a rather fancy looking hotel; the Château du Lac.

After arriving late at night in Genval, approximately 20 km outside Brussels, there was a warm welcome at the reception and a very good bottle of champagne on the room. Even though I was tired I opened the bottle of champagne, watched some TV on the great bed and finally fell asleep.

The next morning I got up and after opening my curtains I was amazed by the gorgeous view from my hotel room, looking over a small lake, forest and some typical Belgian houses. Apparently I completely missed that the night before.

I quickly showered, got dressed and went down for my breakfast.

When I arrived in the breakfast room, after taking the stairs in the small tower, I was stunned by the quality and quantity of the breakfast. Everything was there! I was trying to find a missing piece, but that assignment was quickly forgotten when I received a glass of champagne from one of the very friendly waiters.

There I was, enjoying a marvelous breakfast in a excellent hotel and planning my trip to Brussels while I was looking at a typical Belgian scenery. I couldn't be more pleased at that moment.

Half an hour later I finished my breakfast, got into my car and drove to Brussels within 15 minutes and at that point I realized that Château du Lac must be one the best hotels of Belgium.
Arriving at Château du Lac
The Breakfast
The Entrance of Château du Lac
Château du Lac
tashgorgeous says:
Thanks for the review. It looks very lovely. It's like a castle! So funny though, it's always the champagne's fault! LoL!
Posted on: Mar 27, 2009
Koralifix says:
Sounds fabulous!
Posted on: Mar 26, 2009
Chokk Chokk
Chateau du Lac in Genval Mar 02, 2009
This week I had the luck to stay at Chateau du Lac in the north-east section of Genval, which is situated 15 km or 25 min drive southeast of Brussels.

The view of the hotel and from the hotel is beautiful; the castle is situated next to a lake and a huge fountain adds to the view. The surrounding area is besides the lake covered with forest and it just is an area that invites for a walk.

The reception staffs were friendly and helpful, some of the girls were a bit sky about their English but it just added to the charm. The indoor decorations are nice, friendly and the their choice of colours adds to the high level.

The hotel offers an extended range of 121 rooms, from the Executive Room to the Superior Room. The room I had was very nice; it was large and had two large beds and a fairly large bathroom with a spa tub. The hotel hosts several amenities like their great restaurant, room Service, Bar, 24h Front desk, Tennis, Non Smoking Rooms, Laundry, Breakfast Room Service, and there is Free Parking are available at the hotel.

Chateau Du Lac Hotel Overview

Avenue du Lac 87, Genval 1332

The Chateau du Lac is the only five-star hotel in Wallonia. It is also the only one with rooms situated between a lake and a park. The latter boasts a Trianon, like Versailles and a William Tell chapel, identical to the one on the Lac des Quatre-Cantons! Both romantic and modern.

Hotel facilities Room Service*

Leisure facilities Fitness Center* Jacuzzi* Sauna* Swimming pool* Turkish bath*
*May incur an additional cost

Room facilities Air Conditioning Climate Control Complimentary fruit and mineral water Complimentary toiletries Connecting Rooms Double shower/WC En-Suite Bathroom Free Internet access Safe with notebook plug sofa bed Telephone Television Trouser Press Voicemail Wake-up calls High speed internet connection * Work Desk Work desk with lamp Hairdryer Mini-bar* Safe Private bathroom with bathtub Jacuzzi style bath(r) Heating Free safe box with laptop capacity
*May incur an additional cost
(r)This facility is room dependent

Restaurant Genval. Les. Bains: An in-place that conjugates a restaurant, bar, salon, gallery-lounge, tea-room and coffee-room, with a summer terrace, an open hearth fireplace for the winter time and a spectacular view of Lake Genval all year around. One can only applaud this ultra-trendy concept: a feast for eye and palate. Open 7 days a week from 9 am to midnight. 90 settings. Average price: from 40.00 EUR. Business lunch: 16.00 EUR (appetizer and entree or entree and dessert and drinks not included).

Bar Lounge Bar King Fisher Inn: The Kingfisher starts to fill up from 5pm onwards. Rendez-vous at the bar with friends to savour famous draught beers, including the unmistakable John Martin's Special. Or, settle into the club atmosphere of the TV room, with view of the lake, to sip a long drink at your leisure. Choose one made with Schweppes Tonic, Soda or Bitter Lemon, the drinks which made Genval's international reputation!

Children policy Children welcome

Pets policy Pets welcome (extra charge)

Smoking policy Smoking permitted in designated guest rooms

Check-in time: 16:00 Check-out time: 11:00

Local Attractions Le Lac De Genval

Location Nearest airport: Brussels National Airport Nearest train station: Genval Station - 1 km

Credit cards accepted by hotel American Express Carte Bleue Diners Club International Eurocard Mastercard Visa

Chateau Du Lac Hotel Amenities

• Solarium
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes