Charme 港丽餐厅

6/F, Shanghai, China

Charme 港丽餐厅 Shanghai Reviews

mosted mosted
Great Restaurant with HK Style Food Aug 14, 2011
This restaurant is at the top of the Raffles City Shopping Center, right next to People's Square and near Nanjing Road in Shanghai.

I had a meetup with a Travbuddy and she decided to take me to this place, cause they have a great variation of food and a big menu. Everybody will definitely find something for his/her taste. They have different soups, meat-dishes, dumplings (Dim Sum) and lots of other great things to taste. I think a speciality there is the baked honey bread loaf with vanilla ice cream - I had one and its just amazing!

Minor negative was the waiting time. It was 4pm and we had to wait more than 30 minutes for a table. When we left 2 hours later the waiting area was extremly crowded, they must have been waiting almost 2 hours for a table.

But on the other hand this stands for the quality of the restaurant, if people accept such a long waiting time.

Funny thing was that the waiters covered the peoples jackets and bags with blankets, just because of common pickpockets in china.

The prices were absolutely okay - not the cheapest things you can get in China, but also not really expensive.
Mhhh tasty!
mosted says:
Oh you live in Shanghai so its easily reachable to you - you should try it :)
Posted on: Feb 07, 2012
helenyan says:
No doubts the food will be good if many people waiting for long time, while wish also the view is also good if it is on top of Raffles city. Cant wait for try it asap...
Posted on: Feb 07, 2012
TravChef says:
I always choose the restaurant by the number of customer as well but I will go either earlier or later than a peak hours. I tried the less customer restaurant already a few because I don't want to wait but it was 90% of the time I will be disappointed by the taste Or quality.
Posted on: Nov 01, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Charme 港丽餐厅

Big Boy Fends Off the Angry Mongols
For our maiden voyage together, Big Boy and I felt we needed to lose the cherry in a big way, the Orient. Our journeys took us to the far off shores of Beijing, China. He made many guest appearances …charmed these Chinese opera singers from Shanghai into a mini concerto right there in the subway. Can’t take this…
Bund, Gardens, and Bazaar
When we got to Shanghai we got a taxi to our hostel. Our taxi driver got a little lost finding the hostel, but only charges us 50 yuan which was what it should have cost. I tried to give him a litt…charm because this time I made it to the Shanghai Museum. I only had about an hour inside, but that…

Check Shanghai Hotel Deals