Charlie's Bar

Charlie's Bar - The bar from outside
Charlie's Bar - The bar
Charlie's Bar - A beer and a tap
Charlie's Bar - A really nice beer
Charlie's Bar - Good beer!
Charlie's Bar - Interesting decorations
Charlie's Bar - Good beer selection

Charlie's Bar Copenhagen Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
A Great British Pub in Copenhagen Jul 02, 2015
We were taken to Charlie's Bar by Christian during the mini Copenhagen meet up and I'm glad because otherwise I never would have experienced it. I normally try to avoid English (or Irish) bars when travelling so I would have walked right past this place and never given it a second thought.

But thankfully that wasn't the case. This is the perfect place to go if you want an English feel in Copenhagen. And the beer list was good. You are spoilt for choice in this place. Lots of good beers to chose from!

If you're English and missing home, or want to experience an English bar while you happen to be in Copenhagen I would seriously recommend you give this place a try. You won't regret it!
Interesting decorations
Good beer selection
Good beer!
hanleyscot says:
Avoid English and Irish bars??? Blasphemous!!!
Posted on: Jul 28, 2015
Chokk says:
It is one of my favourite breathing holes in the inner city - it is never overcrowded, which is really nice
Posted on: Jul 25, 2015
Chokk Chokk
Charlie’s Bar Feb 20, 2010
In the middle of Pilestræde it is very feasible to walk by Charlie’s Bar; the bar is small and the area is full of shops and restaurants, but it would be a huge mistake.

Charlie’s bar is the only Danish pub that has received the esteemed British beer award Cask Marque, which is comparable to Michelin stars. The price is given to a place that serves British quality beer, in a way that it tastes the best.

The pub received the Cask Marque award back in 2002. The price is given by the British beer industry, and the beer testers are just as critical as the Michelin tasters. In Great Britain only 4% of the 62.000 pubs have gotten the same award.

The owner Ian Russel bought the bar with an ambition of revolutionizes the beer culture in Copenhagen. He was in general quite disappointed about the level of beers and he really missed a decent British beer.

The bar has 18 taps and the bar is full of them. The philosophy of the bar is to support independent breweries and sell great beer, and you will not find Carlsberg products in this bar.

The bar is small inside as well, and it is very cozy. I like to sit in the bar and look at the different taps, and maybe taste a couple of them. This Saturday afternoon it was not too crowded so my friend and I managed to get two of the few chairs in the bar overlooking the different taps.

The atmosphere was nice and calm, some guys were sitting watching football on a computer, others just talking and enjoying the beers like us.
The bar
A beer and a tap
The bar from outside
A really nice beer
Chokk says:
I did not know it either, but I guess we learn every day.
Posted on: Feb 25, 2010
bernard69 says:
thanks for sharing this info,as a "heavy" plonk drinker,I didn't know this award!
Posted on: Feb 24, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Charlie's Bar

A visit to Charlie's Bar in Copenhagen for the first time in years
I was out walking the streets of Copenhagen with my old friend Jacob being a tourist in my old hometown. It had been cold walking round and we decided to make a visit to Charlie's Bar in Pilestrædet…Copenhagen with my old friend Jacob being a tourist in my old hometown. It had been cold walking round and we decided to make a visit to Charlie

Check Copenhagen Hotel Deals