Charlie Parker's Diner

700 North St, Springfield, IL, USA
Charlie Parker's Diner - The breakfast shoe
Charlie Parker's Diner - We closed the place down!
Charlie Parker's Diner - We closed the place down!
Charlie Parker's Diner - Charlie Parker's Diner
Charlie Parker's Diner - Charlie Parker's Diner
Charlie Parker's Diner - My sister and me
Charlie Parker's Diner - Dig in!

Charlie Parker's Diner Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
One-of-a-Kind Restaurant Dec 21, 2009
A one-of-a-kind restaurant in a World War II airplane hangar, Charlie Parker's Diner. It's only open until 2 PM everyday, but it is VERY busy. But, worth it!

The best part is -- breakfast is served all day. (Breakfast is only my favorite meal, more often than not, I even have it for dinner). Charlie Parker's features a Central Illinois specialty, the horseshoe. A horseshoe is an open-faced sandwich, traditionally made with Texas toast, ham or hamburger patty, with cheese sauce smothering the sandwich, topped with french fries. (But now a variety of meats are used, as are your choice of potato). I opted for the breakfast shoe, changing the toast for a pancake, and choosing ham, hash browns, scrambled eggs and sausage gravy instead of cheese sauce. This was an awesomely good meal. All my favorites on one plate! Charlie Parker's pancakes are among the best anywhere. Plus, they feature a 16" pancake, which is humongous (and just may be my choice the next time I go! I LOVE pancakes!)
Charlie Parker's Diner
The breakfast shoe
Dig in!
We closed the place down!

Related Travel Blogs About Charlie Parker's Diner

Moving In... Welcome to Springfield!
MOVING IN DAY: After we had gotten my car, the truck and the moving van unloaded (and to escape looking at the boxes that I had to unpack), my family and I set out to visit one of the first places I …Springfield: Charlie Parker's Diner, in order to eat their breakfast shoe.  (A horseshoe is a Springfield specialty: Texas…

Check Springfield Hotel Deals