Charlie Gitto's

314-436-2828

Charlie Gitto's Saint Louis Reviews

Ed_MBA Ed_MBA
Amazing Italian. It's the real thing. Apr 20, 2008
I needed a place to host dinner...close to downtown St. Louis and the ball park. A local recommended that we try Charlie Gitto's for the food, environment and access. He was right on all points.

The group was camping out at a selection of hotels in downtown St. Louis. All were able to show up at Charlie's on their own. I'll admit, it was busy - ahead of the Cards/Brewers game...but the table was ready for us upon our arrival.

We skipped the appetizers and went straight to the main course (well, we did have some Chianti to think about what we would order). I cannot vouch for others in the group, but the shrimp and pasta with marinara was most excellent. Not fresh and clean like what is found in Jersey...but something that has had lots of love and care put into it...the blending of tomato, garlic, basil, mushrooms. It was smooth!

I intentionally did not finish my wine so I could enjoy the last part of the glass with the triple chocolate cake. What a treat!

As we worked our way out to the ball game, Charlie was near the door - thanking all for enjoying his food.

I'll be back.