Baltimore, Maryland

Charleston Baltimore Reviews

mrgishi mrgishi
Dec 30, 2007
You wouldn't expect to find great South Carolina low country food in Maryland would you? Well you can, right in the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. Now this is much more refined and elegant than your typical soul food fare, but some elements are there. Trust me, I'm a southern boy at heart. This restaurant however is on par with top class French restaurants when it comes to flavor, presentation and inventiveness. They have a flexible menu that allows you to choose any number of courses. I had a truffle tasting when I was there, but you didn't have to have all of the courses and your dining partner(s) could have different number of courses as well. I had rockfish ceviche, black truffle risotto, pork confit with fried green tomato, and a bittersweet chocolate tarte. All were excellent and made this southern boy with a refined palate very, very happy.

Related Travel Blogs About Charleston

Cities & Towns of North America
Well since I'm from the New York area, almost every other city seems quaint by comparison. Still quaint is what I like and I must confess to never really feeling like a New Yorker.  Here ar…Charleston, SC) Baltimore, MD- This is the city that feels most like home to me. Spent many summers here staying…

Check Baltimore Hotel Deals