Charleston Nights

Charleston, South Carolina

Charleston Nights Reviews

thelenta thelenta
Favorite Lunch Food in Charleston Jan 16, 2009
I've lived in Charleston since 2001 and I work downtown right in the heart of it all so I have enjoyed trying most of the restaurants on King Street. I love going to local spots that you won't see anywhere else. I'm a vegetarian going on three years but I've been eating at these places since before when I was an omnivore. Here are my favorites:

Majestic Grill: Fast and yummy. It's asian/eclectic and you can watch a film upstairs while you eat. Say hi to Jose the owner for me. (King Street)

Mellow Mushroom: Great Italian in a psychadelic environment. The tomato soup is great but so is the calzone menu. Really, you can't go wrong here. (King Street)

Yo Burrito: Just off of King Street on I think Wentworth. Great Mexican food at reasonable prices and the salsa bar is excellent and widely varied. The inside is cool too, so eat in.

Sermet's Corner: A little more expensive, but a really unusual menu with something for everyone. You have to eat in and it can be loud because of the shape of the space, but there is always cool artwork to study and if you overhear a neighboring conversation it's bound to be interesting. Also great for dinner. (King Street)

Chinar India: Great lunch buffet for a reasonable price. My favorite is the Saag dishes, but all of it is yummy. Great for a vegetarian like me. (King Street)

If you're headed to the beach down Folly Road, don't miss lunch at The Daily Dose. It's on the left just off Folly but there's a sign. Great Vegetarian and organic sandwiches! My favorite is the Sloppy Jane.
rjfeagin says:
mellow mushroom rocks
Posted on: Apr 22, 2011
vances says:
We have a Mellow Mushroom in Wilmington - great place!

I will refer to your list next time we get down to Charleston...thanks!
Posted on: Feb 28, 2008
skipper_gary skipper_…
Jan 21, 2008
I have lived in Charleston for over 5 years. Like any city, bars come and go, but there are a few "must go to" here in town. Charleston is a small city and you can walk to everything. Don't be scared of the Palmetto bugs during the summer months. The local drink is a shot of Grand Marnier or as we say "grand ma". Here is my list.

Tommy Condon's (Irish)

Roof Top Bar (Good view of the Harbor)

The Griffen (Bring a dollar to staple to the wall)

The Blind Tiger (My favorite)
The new bridge in Charleston.

Related Travel Blogs About Charleston Nights

Kooky Is As Kooky Does
The plan was to drive across to the west coast and spend the night in Punakaiki.  Unfortunately, when we called to book some beds for the night, all the rooms were full.  EVERYWHERE.  …night.  We ended up in Charleston, a forgotten little strip of a town.  Once a booming settlement…
Day 1 Start of Adventure in Southern USA
Blog of trip to Charleston South Carolina September 30 to October 2010 Location Atlanta, Georgia and Charleston, SC     September 30 2010   Start of a good day and my adventure t…Charleston. I will arrive into Atlanta and stay over night then rent a car to drive to Charleston
  After debarking and relisting ourselves, we were told there might be a flight for us at 5am. So we slept in the terminal. That one fell through. As did the next. So we went to the pool. And th…night but the entire town of Charleston was booked! I'm not joking. They had a festival going on (which…

Check Charleston Hotel Deals