Chapeau

1408 Clement St, San Francisco, CA, USA

Chapeau San Francisco Reviews

kchong kchong
Dec 04, 2005
French in SF's Inner Richmond districtI ate here with a friend for his birthday a long time ago, and I honestly don't really remember much about the food (doesn't say much for the food). It was good, but not striking, obviously. I just remember having a lot of meat. Oh and the trio of sorbet which was interesting.On the other hand, what's quite memorable about this place is the service - it's EXTRAORDINARY - by far the best service I've had in SF. Since it's in a residential neighborhood, it's not that crowded (which I love) but definitely gets a good amount of business. Our waiter was extremely friendly and attentive, and really made the experience 10 times more enjoyable. When we asked about the sorbet trio (the menu didn't list the flavors), he said it was a surprise and that we had to guess hahaha. We got 2 of them right, and were very close on the third =) The check is served in a hat ("chapeau" in french) - very cute. We had heard that the owner/chef makes sure he meets you after the meal, but we didn't see him so we decided to just leave. As we were rounding the corner, he ran after us and hugged/thanked us for coming =) Although the food wasn't memorable, everything else was! Very very cute. =)

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals