Chansoda Hotel

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals

Chansoda Hotel Phnom Penh Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Spacious Budget Hotel near the Royal Palace Jun 29, 2013
I booked this hotel through hotels.com and I actually had pre-view the lobby and spoken with the hotel reception before I booked through the internet, as the hotel located next door from the hotel I stayed previously in Phnom Penh.

It seems the internet price is cheaper than the price directly from the hotel. It cost usd 25 per night including buffet breakfast at their sister hotel next door on the right side. Wifi is free from the room and the whole building.

Check in is a breeze, the young male receptionist speaks English well and very welcoming with big smiles and he also carried our bags to the room and showed a couple of the rooms for us to choose.

The layout of the hotel is a bit funny though, so many turn and twist inside the building. There was no elevator in this hotel, only a staircase, so probably not suitable for disable people or old people with limited movement.

We choose a room with big windows facing the street toward the National museum and we can see the museum compound from it. The room is quite large with one big bed and comfortable mattress, modern amenities of air condition (which work really well and cooling the room), flat screen television, small refrigerator full with drinks bottles and small cupboard.

The bathroom was quite large with modern glass shower, and the necessities such as soap, shampoo, packed toothbrush and toothpaste, but lighting is not very good, a bit dim and dark.

I like the hotel location as it is located in city centre, right opposite the Phnom Penh National museum, Royal Palace, Independence Monument, and plenty of restaurants, bars, supermarket and also the night market within walking distance.

The hotel building looks old but nice from outside with four storeys high. It also has own tuk tuk to go around city tour, but I did not try this. I take tuk tuk from outside which is cheaper.

The hotel also has a restaurant down stair which serves traditional Cambodian food at very reasonable price. The food was good and tasty but it takes awhile to cook. It seems the young receptionist work double up as a waitress as well at this restaurant as he served us the food.

The receptionist can arrange sightseeing tour around Phnom Penh and also able to arrange bus ticket to Siam Reap or other cities at very reasonable price. The hotel sells bus ticket to Ho Chi Minh Vietnam. We booked our bus ticket to Siam Reap from this place and the pick up was easy directly from this hotel.

I enjoy the fruits selections from the buffet breakfast especially the dragon fruits. It also has pineapples and watermelon. There are pancakes, French toast, sandwich and fried rice available but I did not try those as it is too early to eat and I only had fruits and coffee in the morning.

Overall, good quality hotel, enjoy my stay there and would recommend this place to other.
hotel sign outside