Chang Sim Inn Boutique Hotel

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

Chang Sim Inn Boutique Hotel Bangkok Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Beautiful Teak wood carving building Apr 08, 2014
The hotel building is beautiful made from teak wood carve with many exquisite life animal such as elephants, birds, person, flowers etc. From outside, it has outstanding roof look like carving and easily recognise when I try to find this place. When I step into the reception area I was faced with this beautiful spacious space with many wood carving with big lobby, what a pleasure to the eyes. The reception speaks English well and my booking is ready when I arrive at 9pm at night time. The bellboy is handy opening and closing the door, he just wait outside and he speaks English well.

First I have room 301 with one big bed which is located next to the elevator, I call the reception and ask to change the room further away from the elevator since the elevator has a loud “ting” noise when it arrive at the floor. She said the hotel is full and no windows room anymore, finally I get room no 303, a wee bit away from the elevator, unfortunately I still hear the elevator “ting” noise every time it open or close up the door.

Inside the room also a bit noisy since I could hear the next door neighbour opening and closing the door and it feel like they open my room (but they do not) – so a couple of times I woke up at night time when the neighbour come back late after midnight. It seem the hotel does not have a good or proper insulation in the room since I actually can hear people talking next door or when they turn on television.

The room is clean but not that big, very basic compare with the hotel building from outside, no wood carving inside the room, and it has twin beds with comfortable mattress, flat screen television, refrigerator, air condition, one cupboard, night dresser with telephone on it and another telephone near the bathroom wall, and private en-suite bathroom with glass shower. Soap and shampoo is in the big dispenser at the wall. 2 free mineral water in the room and also the water boiler but no tea or coffee in the room. Wifi is free and fast in the whole building.

The cleaner is a bit strange, knock the door in the morning and then open it straight without waiting for me to open the door, unfortunately the safely catch in the room was broken so she can go inside the room easy, and then apologies after it.

I booked the hotel from booking.com with special discount since it is low season here and it cost THB900 per night (usd 28) for single or double without breakfast.

The hotel location is really good, near Pratunam market and within walking distant to the World Plaza, Siam Paragon, and opposite the hotel, there are several restaurants which serve good Thai food and also life sea food. There are some local eatery as well, unfortunately I do not have time to try it. Plenty of other 4 stars hotel next door and nearby the areas. Thai massage is located next door from the hotel and also many shops.

The BTS closer to the hotel is call Ratchaprarop, but it is still a wee bit walk from the BTS station. Use tuk tuk is better and the tuk tuk driver will find the place, as long you has the hotel name in Thai language and it seems the driver know the location well.
bathroom
bedroom
bedroom
safety box inside the room cupboard
gingerbatik says:
True May and Jenny, we get very observe with our hotel stay and wish can get a really good one.
Posted on: May 01, 2014
cotton_foam says:
looks like the first impression --nice wood carvings didn't last eh?! Esp the noises coming from the other rooms and the elevator's bell :-( wifi was good though - oh well, life is not perfect so to speak and so our stays with hotels! :D
Posted on: Apr 30, 2014
trippin_jen says:
Doesn't sound too good to me. And I know how you feel about neighbor opening the door! I've experienced that a couple of times! Good review! Ting! Hehe
Posted on: Apr 30, 2014