Chambery Inn

Chambery Inn Rates and Deals

Chambery Inn Lee Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Comfy, Cozy, & Affordable B&B Nov 23, 2012
My best friend and I have been disappearing from the world the weekend after Thanksgiving for years. We always look for a cozy and relaxing place to stay in a quaint town. Unfortunately such places are usually expensive or too romantic for a couple of guys. Moreover, finding a room with 2 beds in a B&B is not easy. I was very happy to find that the Chambery Inn had a 2 bed option. When we checked in we were shocked by the immense size of the room- 2 queen beds, fireplace, sitting area and huge bathroom. We couldn't believe our good fortune. In the morning we were sent a basket of breakfast and the local paper. Eating the tasty (if not immense) breakfast by the fire while reading the paper was heaven (we had Christmas music playing in the background). One other note, apparently the inn at one time was a Catholic boarding school. 2 of the walls in our room was painted with blackboard paint, and people are allowed to write on it like graffiti. Kind of interesting, and didn't take away from the character of the room at all. I think I found my new spot whenever I visit the Berkshires, and I often do.
Pinecone Pinecone
One of a Kind B&B Experience May 23, 2011
Chambery Inn is a former parochial school turned B & B, and what a unique twist in accommodations it is. We stayed there during an autumn loop of the New England states, and it was one of the highlights of our trip. We stayed in the La Sedgwick Schoolhouse Suite. The following quote from the web site accurately describes this amazing room: "Named for the philanthropist/founder of St. Mary's School, Jane Sedgwick, La Sedgwick offers the flexibility of two queen-sized beds in a beautifully appointed and very spacious room. The ideal suite for accommodating more than two people. La Sedgwick's sitting area with gas-operated fireplace, television, telephone, private bath with whirlpool tub, terry robes, coffee/tea ensemble and room-delivered breakfast make it a great place to relax and share good times with family and friends." What the description failed to describe is the ceiling and window treatments that soar to breathtaking heights, the blackboards still on the walls, and the look on our faces when the attendant opened the door to this first floor suite. Far and away the best B & B of our travels!

Chambery Inn Overview

A meticulously restored nineteenth century parochial school turned French country inn. Complete with original blackboards, thirteen-foot high embossed ceilings, eight-foot tall windows, fireplaces, whirlpool baths and king-sized beds, Chambery Inn suites offer classic style and comfort with an exceptional blend of old and new. A deluxe continental breakfast is delivered to your doorstep each morning. The Chambery offers school as never before, with an emphasis on the three Rs -- Rest, Relaxation, and Rejuvenation.

Chambery Inn Amenities