Chambar Restaurant

www.chambar.com - (604) 879-7119

Chambar Restaurant Vancouver Reviews

abhmalat abhmalat
Upscale, and how! Oct 14, 2011
Our first night in Vancouver had had to be 'over the top', and we made sure it was! We had made reservations for dinner at Chambar Restaurant before leaving for Canada. The reviews were great, the menu looked superb and the location was apt.

After a nice evening at Stanley Park, we got ready for our dinner. Chambar is located in Vancouver downtown quite close to BC Sports Hall of Fame Museum. The ambience is sexy, quite literally! The place was lit with a reddish dim light which sets a warm mood. The restaurant was packed with people; we had to wait 10 minutes before they allocated us a table.

Their collection of beers was impressive! I tried the Tripel Karmeliet which turned out to be amazing :) Their listing for wine is exhaustive as well, but we stuck to beer through the evening. Great start to our evening for sure!

The reception staff was kind and helpful, but the servers were just too busy running around for no reason. Not something you'd expect from a restaurant this slick, but the service did manage to leave a ascetic taste on an overall delectable experience in our memory. Too many waiters, too little work done in reality.

Now for the food.. Taste- Brilliant!! Presentation- Holy mother of %#$@# awesome!! Quantity- Sigh, pretentious! Yep, I had a little too much beer by the time we got to ordering. We thought it would be a good idea to share an appetizer and shoot for the entrees directly. Big mistake!

The mussels apps were delicious.For the entree, I ordered a dish which had a combination of mussels, shrimp, scallops et al. When it finally arrived, it looked like a sampler of five different sea edibles. And this, at an extravagant price in the range of 35-40 CAD. My friends didn't have great luck either. One of them ordered gnocchi without meat, which surprisingly wasn't too little. The other ordered halibut cooked 3-way. Which meant 3 ridiculously tiny halibut portions cooked so perfectly they melt in your mouth! :)

I don't remember if we went on to a dessert after that. The evening went by as we laughed hysterically looking at each other's plates, and realizing that the apples we carried with us on our flights to Vancouver may finally serve a purpose tonight - to fill that empty corner in our stomach!

So will I go to Chambar again? That would be a resounding Yes! We had no complaints with the food; it was spot-on and as great as any other serious fine dining restaurant. The ambience was great, and we did end up having a great evening. And thus, a great start to our Vancouver trip. I will, however, not make the mistake of skipping courses in the future.
Chambar, from the inside
My beer
Chambar
Waiting for our table, ironically,…
nohelia nohelia
BEST MUSSELS IN VANCOUVER! May 28, 2011
This is one of the best restaurants in all Vancouver. Their mussels congalaise definitely take their show!. They blow you away!!!.. around 1.5 pound od mussels with coconut tomato sauce, bit spicy , comes with fries for only 22CAD is so worth it! recommend this fine restaurant for sure!
amazing :)