Chalet Chartreuse

Check Les Deux Alpes Hotel Deals

Chalet Chartreuse Les Deux Alpes Reviews

Boki81 Boki81
Pleasant chalet with rather poor service Jul 21, 2011
Chalet Chartreuse is a typical chalet located in the ski resort of Les Deux Alpes. I stayed here over Christmas and new year and was somewhat disappointed with the resort and mostly with the service we received during our stay.

The resort is one of those places with no charm or character, built by big tour operators for nothing else but mass tourism. However, when it comes to skiing there is a good mixture of black/red runs and being on a glacier it guarantees a snow sure holiday which is always a great bonus.

Chalet has been sold to us as one of their best accommodation options and with excellent "platinum" service. It is fairly well located being approximately 300 metres from the nearest ski lift and only 500 metres from the centre of town. Chalet itself is a typical style with nice and welcoming decor and a lovely fireplace that should really be the main feature in the dining/living area. Sadly, fire was lit only once out of the 7 night and that was done by me and not the chalet hosts. With wonderful sauna and hot tub it really could make a rather pleasant ski accommodation.

However, the hosts were a couple of teenagers who clearly were not trained to do that type of work and although they tried hard, service was beyond poor. Food was served cold, was prepared with no thought or care and subsequently was tasteless . I will just tell you that i received a duck breast one evening which was well overcooked, something that is a definite disaster in my books, perhaps i am just too harsh :)

To compliment the "good" food, the extractor fan in the kitchen was either not working or was never used, I was made to carry the smell on my clothing for the rest of the day... Not attractive at all I know!

All in all what could have been a very nice holiday turned out to be a few days of great skiing and not much else, so if you are planing to stay here and the chalet is offered by Neilson do find out what the arrangements are before booking.

Check Les Deux Alpes Hotel Deals