Cha Cha Cha

1801 Haight St , San Francisco, CA, USA

Cha Cha Cha San Francisco Reviews

sirenn9 sirenn9
Aug 07, 2007
have been walking past this place for years, but tried it for the first time a few days ago and WOOW- what a great find! This informal family-style restaurant had all the elements I look for when I am starving and looking for a cool, unique place where I can sit down, enjoy some great food and relax with friends. The atmosphere is festive, yet comfortable with interesting decor... deep red walls in the bar area, colorful plastic tablecloths with floral prints, artwork that is a fusion of Santeria, Voodoo, Braziian Carnival and Cuban culture.... as soon as I walked in I already liked it. I liked the items I saw on the menu too, as well as the prices!

The sangria was not the best I've ever had, but the price for a pitcher was very reasonable, and the drink itself was smooth and quite good. I had the arroz con pollo which was a huge heaping plate of really great rice with typical Latin seasoning, a hefty amount of chicken, and Cuban style blackbeans. I was very, very happy with it. I also ordered the fried plantains, which I thought were a little pricey prior to seeing, but it turned out to be an enormous amount. There was so much food that we ended up having to take a lot of it home. The service was great and the ambiance was fantastic- I am definitely going back. It's the closest I have found to good, homemade Cuban food that resembles what you can get in Little Havana (Miami), in California.

Update: We went back last night and I ordered the pargo rojo (red snapper cooked in a banana with banana coconut sauce on the side) with rice, black beans and plantains, and my boyfriend ordered the lechon asado (roast pork) with the same sides as I did. Both of our dinners were great! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants.
Eric says:
Hey, I almost went here last weekend when I was up in SF! Instead, went next door to Charanga which was also pretty good. Have you tried it out? I think it gets a little less crowded, but the food was still decent.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2007
surfercalavera surferca…
Oct 10, 2007
One of my favorite restaurants in the city, kinf of expensive but the calamari is worth it. The atmosphere is very nice. It does get crowed at peak hours and you might have to wait 20+ minutes.

The basics

Location:

1801 Haight Street (at Shrader Street)

San Francisco, CA 94117

Vegetarian Options: 3+ items

Alcohol Served: Beer and wine

Restaurant Hours:

Monday- Sunday

11:30am-4:00pm (lunch), 5:00pm-11:00pm (dinner)
adriana123 says:
oh christina, sisters think so much alike :) ORDER SANGRIA!!!
Posted on: Apr 03, 2008
missingabutton says:
I like Alioto's on Fishermans Wharf. Its kinda pricey but the seafood is so awesome.
Posted on: Oct 10, 2007