Centro Cocina

2730 J Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
www.paragarys.com - 916-442-2552
Centro Cocina - Large guacamole
Centro Cocina - Look at all that tequila!!!
Centro Cocina - The anniversary margarita with the infused strawberry, kiwi, and pineapple tequila
Centro Cocina - Chalupas (sorry the pic was dark....couldn't get it to come out with the flash)

Centro Cocina Sacramento Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Tequila Thursdays!!! Whoo Hoo Mar 27, 2008
If you like tequila...this is the place to be!! With over 125 tequilas available, everyone is guaranteed to find one they like (including the simple Cuervo drinkers...ha ha). Centro is part of the Paragary's restaurant group which includes a number of other well known restaurants in the Sacramento area.

Centro is in the hip popular area of midtown and every time I have been, the place is packed. The food is more upscale Mexican and executive chef, Kurt Spataro, has featured foods from the various regions in Mexico. I've eaten here a number of times but the reason I go is just for the infused tequilas and to hang out in the bar with appetizers.

Their infused tequilas are amazing and provided me inspiration to make some at home to keep company with my infused vodkas. They have an anniversary one which is silver tequila infused with strawberries, kiwi, and pineapple. You can get it either as a straight shot (meant to be sipped though) or in a margarita. I've had both and depends on my mood - both are excellent.

You can't go wrong with anything on the menu but I usually get a large order of guacamole and chalupas as an appetizer. Their guacamole ($7.75 large) is made fresh with onion, serrano chiles, tomatos and the cotija cheese on top. It's worth it to get the large as the small is very tiny and only $2 less. The chalupas ($7.75) come three (add a fourth for $2.75) which are masa boats with shredded pork, onions, radish, and topped with the cotija cheese.

They just started weekly specials now which will have me coming back more often. We attended their first Tequila Thursday wherein we got to do shots of different tequilas and they had an expert on hand to explain the history and various types of tequilas. This week's feature was Sauza tequilas. The Sauza Hornitos both respado and anejo were smooth. Shots were $3 each and of course, had to try all four available!! LOL.

In addition to Tequila Thursdays, they have Margarita Mondays which is 1/2 price on house margaritas and the other one I have to try now...Infused Fridays!! Every Friday will be a new infused tequila - some examples they gave are odd but supposed to be really good - habanero garlic and vanilla pear being two!

Centro is small and always busy so it's best to try and hit off peak times. We got there about 5:15 and almost couldn't get a table at the bar because of happy hour but the restaurant was completely empty. When we left at 9pm it was reversed obviously. They are also starting Salsa Saturdays with no cover and dancing until 1:30am or you can go upstairs to another Paragary's place, The Blue Cue for a game of pool and more drinks!! :-)
Large guacamole
Look at all that tequila!!!
The anniversary margarita with the…

Check Sacramento Hotel Deals