Centric Point Hostel Barcelona

Centric Point Hostel Barcelona Rates and Deals

Centric Point Hostel Barcelona Reviews

TravGirl TravGirl
Good hostel for the the price Mar 26, 2011
Great location, good price and friendly staff. The hostal is not in La Rambla but it is in a good location close to other sights to see. The hostal has elevators which is a big plus.
thatjenny thatjenny
They came to kick me out of the room at 12 AM when I was sleeping! Apr 08, 2009
Although it was probably overall one of the nicest looking hostels I've stayed in, they decided to change me rooms at 12 AM when I was sleeping.

They just let themselves in and bullied me out, because they needed the 8 bed room ( I was the only one in there) that they accidentaly put me in for a group of 8 people.

They claimed that If I didn't leave that meant one of their friends had to sleep out on their own and that they would stay mad at me because they are Eastern European. yeah...ok...

I was tired from my trip and wanted to sleep I didn't want to change rooms and disrupt people in the new room in the middle of the night, which is what I ended up happening. After I started to cry from being tried and pushed to the edge.

All they offered me was 2 free drinks voucher (this did not include alcohol).

I also hear the same thing happened to one of my new roommates, they had changed him in the middle of the night too.

Apart from that this hostel is great to meet people in as it is packed and it's quite modern.

The kitchen is very very small though, especially for a hostel this size.

breakfast is great you get a choice of so much stuff and you can pack some away for later.

In the end I wouldn't stay there again after the hassel they put me through on my first night.

The staff is pretty unfriendly, and the tall young long blondish haired Spanish guy at the front desk is a jerk to the MAX.

Stay at Gothic Point hostel instead, It's closer to the main attractions. But Centric is closer to the Gaudi stuff, if that's what you are there to see.
thatjenny says:
Anytime, I hope no one has to go through what happened to me there!
Posted on: Apr 08, 2009
Eric says:
Thanks for your review and warning!
Posted on: Apr 08, 2009
santafeclau santafec…
Good choice in Barcelona Jan 23, 2009
Good choice if you are looking for a Hostel in Barcelona. Very well located, just a few steps from Casa Batlló and Casa Milá from Gaudí, near from Plaza de España and Ramblas as well.

The hostel is located in a beautiful modernist building, recently renovated, and rooms and bathrooms were clean when I stayed there (december 2006). The only problem when I went was the loud by others backpackers.

If you go in winter you should pay for the blanket, I think it was 3 euros and they also sale padlocks.

The breakfast is in a nice room with a beautiful view over the city.
Facade from the Hostel. (Photo fro…
Dorm. (Photo from the website)
Kitchen. (Photo from the website)
Lasttraveller Lasttrav…
Ok Hostel Dec 13, 2009
This place was ok, bit rude on arrival as I got there so early in morning and got told to leave and come back. The staff was total unhelpful when I asked for information and they said they didn't know anything or have a map.

The bathroom were a mess there, was concrete everywhere I might think they were doing renovations but staff didn't say anything and you end up with dirt walking out of shower, it isn't a very private shower too. Hopefully this has changed.

There really is not any security within the hostel, everyone is walking everywhere most of the time.
kayguarnay kayguarn…
Centric Point Hostel, Passeig de Gracia Dec 26, 2008
This is a neat place!

Individual results may vary.

Stayed at this hostel for 3 nights . It's incredibly close to everything, on the Passeig de Gracia, one block from Casa Batll'o, 2 blocks from La Pedrera. VERY convenient. Breakfast is included and pretty good for the hoarde of us that they fed. A short walk from La Rambla and tons and tons of great restaurants and galleries.

It has its quirks, however.

Very small room (we stayed in a quad). I could reach from one wall to another across 2 bunk beds. It was co-ed so on day two there were two guys added to our room. They were nice, but our times really varied so it was a revolving door for when people would come and go. No one got any sleep really, but I think no one really minded!

Aside those, I give this place a thumbs up if you want to stay at a fairly affordable Hostel that's right in the heart of it all.
SandroValigy SandroVa…
Oct 23, 2006
Barcelona Travel Review - The HostelCentric Point Hostel - Passeig Gracia 33Going to Barcelona again means a lot because i spent there the last new years eve,then i started this year (2006) there.Going to Barcelona again means a new oportunity to discover the city,meet again new travellers,meet new friends and have a lots of good time all again.Things would never be the same if i decided to book a bed in the same hostel wich i stayed the last time (im not complaining about that hostel) but being in a new place would be a interesting thing to do.After going there in December,my knowlogement about Barcelona allowed me to know where is the best locations and the most central places and easy to access.Taking advantage of that knowlodgement i started my research about hostels and i found 2 wich i would spend the time while there : KabulCentric Point Hostel Kabul is very well located and strongly recomended as one of the best hostels in Europe.Strong qualities uhn?Centric Point is very well located (but more than Kabul - in my opinion) plus is a "brand new hostel" So,same price,diferent locations and quite similar arguments it would not be easy to choice because if u want to meet the kind of travellers that travel to PARTY,drink and meet people too Kabul would be the perfect place as i found.Centric Point Hostel appeared as a good alternative if i wanted to visit Barcelona for the cultural place wich the city is,for the tourism by himself and also to meet travellers that i wrote above (but this ones are more calms - allowed u to wake up earlier and walk around in cultural life)The location in Passeig Gracia,the most expensive street in Barcelona,also known as the "5th Avenue" was the main argument why i decided to go there. (Hermes,Hermenildo Zegna Stores and Casa Batló as neighbours)Metro station at the door (one block ahead - this one with train connection - or two block downs Aerobus near and in Plaza Catalunya New hostel,nice pictures,the site lay out design and being part of a group were already good arguments. The free internet, breakfast included,bottom sheet, 2elevators, no curfew,a kitchen, a place to put the luggage with pad-lock, luggage room if necessary were used taking a good advantage.The staff were good (they have scale so i meet few of them).When arrived a girl gived me a map,told me how things used to be there and gived me a paper with the conditions to sign.Nice attention from the staff too when asked for charge my i.pod in a secure place,when asked about nightplaces and flyers (to get in free in discos)The another thing was when i booked,then they didnt have place me for the night earlier so i booked and sent a email asking to became in a waiting list if possibily.Days later i got the night i wanted to confirmed by email. About the rooms and the bathrooms conditions i give it 5 stars for the room cleaning and 4 stars and half for the bathroom conditions and cleaning too.This for stars and half in the bathroom conditions its because i can't use one of the mans toilets because of no light turn and a quite dirty because of that.The 12 bed rooms dont have bathrooms inside but i think the 10 and the other below have.In winter and in the summer i think they dont have problems because the room had a a/c wich made me feel a little bit cold. I didnt had a blanket (and it was 2 euros only but ok...) I cant forget to stay that i enjoyed the balcony view too :)I can't give 5 starts only because of the fact when talking about the room/price with the another hostels i've been to.If i dont look at this point the 4 starts and half - 95% of 100% (only four stars can be given) would be my choice.
Main entrance
Balcony view.Passeig the Gracia
The 12-bed Room A/c and luggage …
Entrance 2º door when u can find …
cotterb cotterb
Jul 20, 2006
Great hostel!!. It is centrally located and near a major metro (subway) station. The staff is nice. It is inside of an old building so there is only one small elevator for use so be ready to walk up some stairs but it´s not bad. They have a small bar during the afternoons and at night where many residents hang out.Also in the bar is a television. There is a kitchen for your use. There are also 4 internet terminals for your use freely.

The rooms are clean and each room has it´s own bathroom and shower to itself. I didn´t see any group bathrooms. The rooms are cleaned daily and the hostel does not have that grime that is frequently seen in them.

They have regularly scheduled activities including Spanish classes, pub crawls, tapas nights, art tours, and more. These events are free or cheap and are a good way to meet the other residents if you´re traveling alone.

This hostel is connected with another that is located right on the beach called Sea Point. Definaly check them out.
kariannes says:
I was in barcelona as a tourist last year, I have a good experience too but not all are good lol! but the adventures and the views are satisfying enough for the time spent. I really impress Barcelona hotel . Some are just simple but the accommodation in very nice. I haven't experience that hospitality in my country.
Posted on: Sep 20, 2007