Centre Pompidou

Paris, France

Centre Pompidou Paris Reviews

JasperO JasperO
Nice art Apr 03, 2013
This museum in the center of Paris is different compare to other museums. When you only see the outside of the museum you can conclude this.

Inside the building there are a lot of rooms with a lot of different art pieces. There are really abstract arts pieces, but also very colourfull pieces.

The museum consist of different floors so you can walk through the museum for a long time and this will be a good alternative when you visit Paris and it is raining outside.

In the musuem is also a nice souvenir shop with some abstract and also colourful souvenirs. And there is a little restaurant/bar where you can drink some coffee.

Just beside the museum there is also a kind of fountain where you can find a lot of colourfull and nice statues.
Centre Pompidou in Paris
FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
For a different side of Paris .. Oct 03, 2012
I first learned about the Pompidou Centre after viewing Richard Roger's Architects and Friends exhibition. The building was named after one of France's Prime Minister - Georges Pompidou.

Centre Pompidou was designed to be a postmodern or high tech design. My french ex refer to it as the ugliest building in Paris. Thus when I visited Paris I decided I should definitely check it out as I learned that the building supposedly looked out of place. When I think of Paris, I think of historical, renaissance or victorian kind of architectural buildings..essentially everything old (which I do like)

To get there was easy enough, I just took a metro to Rambuteau station.

The building was huge and it did look out of place (amongst the other buildings surrounding it). However there was a huge crowd already queuing AROUND the building. It was a Monday and there were so many people. And I thought I was there early as it was not opened yet :( I walked around the queue of people and decided I was not prepared to wait for I dont know maybe 2 or 3 hours? So I would strongly suggest you book your tickets online which unfortunately can only be done 30 days before your visit (to avoid the massive queue)!

So I make do by sitting at the steps at the open space infront of the building to just admire its architecture.
FoxyFauz says:
Well I think at the time that it was built - it wld be considered modern ;)
Posted on: Oct 03, 2012
Vikram says:
It's a nice place but it's no Tate Modern.
Posted on: Oct 03, 2012
ailema15 ailema15
Fabulous crazy art! And a wonderful neighborhood! Dec 25, 2009
Orsay and Pompidou are one of my fav corners in the City of Lights. But this one, this one is just amazing. The craziest building I've evern been in, and and awesome source of contemporary art. All kinds of crazy videos, sculptures and crazy canvas combinations with 3D screens, poetry and a little bit of everything.

The expos are absolutely amazing, but the hood is also a fab place to hang around, with band and artist walking up and down, and nice coffee places, a great Kebab place kitty corner of the Southwest end of Pompidou. Great poster stores, where you can get anything from Jimmy Hendrix to classic Parisian photos.

Super cool!
jennyjones jennyjon…
Sep 02, 2007
Again a free experience!!! Sitting outside at Centre Pompidou is also very nice. A lot of performers are giving shows and the spot it's just nice to sit and relax!

Related Travel Blogs About Centre Pompidou

Modern contemporary vs. Renaissance
It was a gloomy morning. I hope it will not rain heavily during the day. I decided to skip the breakfast since I wasn't feeling hungry. I opened my travel book and noticed the area Beaubourg and Les …Centre Georges Pompidou . Paris's museum of modern art is housed here, along with extensive art libraries and an industrial…
Gemeente Museum: Cézanne - Picasso - Mondriaan
At the moment (Oct. 17 2009 -- Jan. 24 2010) you can visit a great exhibition of Cézanne - Picasso - Mondrian, a new perspective,  at the Gemeente Museum The Hague.   The muse…Paris (Centre Georges Pompidou).   Besides this main exhibition we saw some nice realism (paintings) of Vlako Bukovac and beautiful…
Centre Georges Pompidou
One of the first examples of the high-tech style was the Centre Pompidou, a museum and cultural center in Paris designed by Richard Rogers and Renzo Piano. The center is situated on a five-acre (t…Centre Pompidou, a museum and cultural center in Paris designed by Richard Rogers and Renzo Piano. The center is situated…

Check Paris Hotel Deals