Central Park

New York, New York

Central Park New York Reviews

ys484 ys484
An oasis in the Big Apple Jan 12, 2016
When I watched "New York, I Love You", central park often appeared. This park seemed to be so wonderful with the surrounding old beautiful tall buildings. When we visited there, the park was really empty. It was very luxurious time to monopolize this world-famous beautiful park. We could see several joggers. All the spots are picturesque and peaceful. We enjoyed Central park in winter, but I'd like to visit this beautiful park in other seasons. I wish to go on a picnic on the lawns in summer. Or it is good to walk in the park in Autumn. You should go Central park when you go to NYC.
WalterC says:
It has been a long time since I've been there in the winter. I thought it was enjoyable, and a lot less crowded.
Posted on: Jun 01, 2016
ampventure ampventu…
Peace in the Caous Mar 25, 2014
Central Park is a unique park; well in my perspective. Yes when you think of a park it has sidewalks, monuments, and lots of trees or other greenery. That is what Central Park is just of course New York's style, so on a grander scale. The unique part of this park is that it's quiet and peaceful. Yes, quiet in the middle of New York City! I don't know how it's done, but you can't hear the noises of the city such as the traffic. A definite spot to check out when visiting the "Big Apple". Good place to see the city peacefully.
solitarywoolf solitary…
Strawberry Field- Central Park May 14, 2011
I'd say I like Central Park and Botanic Garden in NYC. I have been to NYC way too many times- should be about 8 to 9 times. The last time I took the express train there which is very comfortable. Most of time, I took the Chinatown bus from Boston to NYC.

I love the food in the city, the kareoke and all the other things. K-town has great food. I am not big into shopping.

I want to write about the strawberry field in Central Park in the upper west side of Manhattan. I love that spot. John Lennon was killed at the Daota building outside of that spot in Central Park. Therefore, Yoko Ono built a memoriable circular stone which was a symbol of strawberry field for her beloved one. Now it becomes a very famous tourist site of Beatles fans and John Lennon Fans. I am one of them because of someone that I have dated who's a musician- guitar/bass player.

The strawberry field was surrounded by tall green trees and it become a shadow under the hot sun in the summer. The breeze touches your face and you saw the bits of sky through the leaves. It was full of tranquility, just like John Lennon devoted to his whole life to Peace & Love. You felt the Peace and Love by sitting on the benches circling around the Strawberry field marble stone. You watched all his fans coming and taking photos from all around world. I can sit there for hours.
2bart 2bart
Breakfasts At Central Park Jul 01, 2011
In Central Park there are a lot of places to eat your self made breakfast. Just sit in the grass, open your bag and enjoy your meal. We bought some bread and drinks a few streets West from the park, in a cheap supermarket. On Sunday we watched some baseball being played in the park.
Chokk Chokk
All in bloom - lovely colours Apr 05, 2010
The first thing that struck me was that I was amazed of the size of Central Park. I didn’t walk the whole park but I started my walk in the park at 91st Street and started by walking in the beautiful weather that greeted me that day.

The beautiful weather meant that there were loads of people out walking, running or biking in the park. It was almost everywhere people were passing me in their stylish outfit, but the ones that had most modern outfit were always only walking.

The park was in bloom and the green leafs were on the way everywhere. I was just sitting enjoying watching the people passing by while I was enjoying the sun. I liked the size of the park but I had not seen as much action that I had expected
In bloom
How many? I would have thought tha…
Roman Stone! Mayby they miss this …
Getting green
Chokk says:
Sounds great - we are not quite there yet but it is just around the corner.
Posted on: Apr 25, 2010
Africancrab says:
I love spring. Here in Tucson the hills are coloured in yellow with wild flowers.
Posted on: Apr 25, 2010
sugarose sugarose
Central Park -The best NYC experience!! Jun 30, 2010
To me this is the best part of nyc..not only can you absorb the beautiful cityscape while running along the trail or people watch while sitting on one of the benches near its many entrances.

This NYC landmark is massive and contains one can spend a week here seeing all the different sculptures and participating in activities inside it. Just to name a few things you can do in it is visit animals at the zoo, ride in the carousel,visit the Met Museum,see belvedere castle(my favorite btw, see fountains, gardens and various famous sculptures.

My favorite spots in the park:

Great Lawn- I literally go every week in the summertime and have picnics here. You are in nature but yet you see beautiful buildings looming over you..there are fun activities like water gun fights here sometimes.

Conservatory Garden- beautiful gardens. Its no wonder so many wedding pics take place here

Bridle path- around the reservoir great for running.

wagner cove- great on a sunday morning nice and quiet.

The loch- i love this tiny waterfall..

check out this site too...http://www.forgotten-ny.com/STREET%20SCENES/secretcentralpark/secretcentral.html
cristin11 cristin11
Beautiful Area Aug 30, 2010
The day I went to Central Park was the day after a big snow fall. Therefore, Central Park was absolutely breathtaking. I loved just walking around and watching everything that was going on. After days of running around NYC, it was nice to just be able to breathe. I wish I had more time to explore, but I spent too much time having a snow ball fight with my best friend.

Next time I go back to NYC, I'm spending a day there :).
Transitory Transito…
Central Park-wedding ceremony Sep 10, 2009
I assume that Central Park has been reviewed several [hundred] times but I was there this weekend for a wedding ceremony in the park, so I'm adding my unnecessary two cents.

Entering the W. 72nd entrance, you can walk the well traveled path towards Strawberry Fields, the memorial site for John Lennon. There's a mosaic with the words "Imagine," his arguably, most well known song.

Continuing along the path, past the Daniel Webster statue and marker, you may past Wagner's Cove. Winding stairs lead to a slightly hidden off "cove." Right now in September, the lake water is covered over in green. And if you're lucky, there won't be rubbish, floating or otherwise. Some bushes obscure the sitting area.

Back along the path, it winds down along to Cherry Hill, a huge lawn, towards the large expanse view of the lake. With the lake, there's the option of row boats, and even a gondolier boat, your gondolier might be texting while he sings theatrically though, as I witnessed on Friday during the rehearsal for the wedding.

September has been a lovely time for the park, sunny, yet a touch of cool air. The people in the park, including tourists, have been very friendly, and welcome participants in the wedding, some pulled up on their boats to watch the ceremony.

There was a concert right next to our wedding party which started pre- and continued post-wedding, welcome and enjoyable. I'd recommend CP for any day, including on a special day like a wedding.
festerwretch says:
Looks like the weather cooperated nicely & that it all turned out well!
Posted on: Sep 15, 2009
wanderlustbohemian says:
AHH SO THESE WERE THE PHOTOS :)
Posted on: Sep 10, 2009
janaelex janaelex
Central Park Nov 12, 2009
One of the greatest park on the world. I love it there. The atmosphere is unforgettable.
dennisvanweeghel dennisva…
Central Park New York Aug 14, 2009
Erg mooi en rustgevend. In de zomer en winter kun je er lekker gezellig doorheen.
Mystikal51 Mystikal…
Central Park Jul 10, 2008
So yeah, everyone has their own place to escape reality, a place they fell in love with, a place they call home. My hot spot: Central Park. From the birds to the trees, the trees to the grass, the grass to the rocks, the rocks to the lakes, the lakes to the bridges, and the all the bugs and beyond...there's no place like it. Yes, there are millions/billions of parks on this planet but there's something very special about this one.

Smacked dead center in a hustling city like New York, Central Park is a world directed by calmness, music and sport. We all know of the luxurious shop windows of Fifth Avenue, the crowded sidewalks on Times Square, and the incredible shows on and off Broadway, but nevertheless finding a bench in the shade is a great prize for tourists as well.

New York shouts for a rest. Shouts for a bench in the shade and a coffee sitting pleasantly on the grass. But the curious thing is that everything exists in the Big Apple. In the middle of the middle, there, near all those looking for a rest, is Central Park. With its lakes, grass, little squirrels climbing up the trees… it looks like a novel, but it is real.

Why is this my area of escape? When I was a little younger, I thought I had discovered the place where I wanted to be proposed to inside Central Park. Its a very calm area, near 5th Ave, by the water. There's a bridge there and I thought someday I want my future husband to propose to me on that bridge. Sounds silly, I know, but whatever...that's me! Anyway, that really isn't the reason why I find it to be my escape now...

Last year, I was told that a malignant tumor was found on my spine, which is now full blown cancer. I felt alone, scared, angry...one can only imagine. One morning, I stood in New York and went out to the park...all alone. I laid out on the grass and stared at the sky. No one was really around and I just took in a deep breath and asked God why? Why is it always me? I was angry, angry at Him, angry at everyone. It's not like I wanted all the bad things that happened to me happen to someone else...its just that I didn't know how much more I can take. My story can be heartbreaking, but after a few hours alone in the park, I began to realize...it's not that bad. I grew this unbreakable inner strength. Then and there was when I decided I can fight this, I can beat this...and to this day I'm still fighting and someday, I will win.

That's MY story...so whenever you're in the city, whenever you need to find your story, whenever you need a break...Central Park is always just a hop, skip, and a jump away. **Remember its in the CENTER and the core of the biggest apple of them all.**
Gabby27 Gabby27
Central Park, Winter Wonderland Dec 23, 2008
Central Park in the winter was magical. It was covered in show and many of the paths were icy walkways...not for clumsy feet or people afraid of cold air. With the windchill it felt like 10 degrees. The park was beautiful and many people opted to take a carriage ride instead of walk through. We spend about 2 hours total and managed to cover about a third to half of the park leaving after getting to the Belveder Castle. The Ramble was one of my favorite parts of the park. It's a section with winding pathways that go between tall trees. A lot of the icy paths had been sprinkled with sand and this made it much easier to walk without worrying about taking a tumble. Inside the Ramble street noise is drowned and we only saw about 3 or 4 other folks here. If you want an uncrowded Central Park, winter is the best season. Because of the cold, most folks opt to hang out in coffee shops instead of on park benches. There is a really great warm hideout within the park in the lower half. The Chess and Checkers House. It is full of games, tables, maps and brochures. It's a great place to sit down, play a game or map out the rest of your visit in the park...not to mention, thaw your toes. There were two people in there to help with any questions also and about 8-10 people playing games already! There are two places to ice skate in the park, we saw one and it looked like a lot of fun and also not nearly as crowded as the Rockefeller Ice Skate Rink. I wish we would've gone to the park earlier and could've seen more before it got dark. If you like Cities, and you love the Outdoors...Central Park is a great place to go to get a break from the hustle and bustle of New York.
Icy Promenade.
Shakespeare Theater in the park fo…
Winter Walkway.
Ashley5 Ashley5
Central Park Mar 09, 2008
The last thing we did before catching our plane back home was take a stroll through New York's famous Central Park. It was bigger than we thought, it takes up over a square mile! It was beautiful we were there in March. There was so much to see. It was really well maintained. We really like the ice skating inside the park. You can even take a horse and carriage ride through the park, which we did not have enough time to do.

The park offers a unique view of the skyscrapers through the trees.
Me in Central Park
tiffharg tiffharg
Jul 18, 2007
Although Rokefeller Center is fabulous, you might like to try a little ride through central park. You have seen it in the movies... a horse drawn carriage ride. However, the ride is a bit short. I bet it is even better with snow! I liked the ride and out driver was Irish... he was pretty cool.

You could always walk through times square for a Christmas rush that you have never seen before. Or, go to Macy's and have dinner in the Cellar restaurant (in the cellar). Macy's has the great christmas scenes in the windows. Have fun!
jwilsonwsu jwilsonw…
Jun 20, 2007
A great way to escape the whole city atmosphere. Beautiful place, in a major metropolitan city. At 843 acres you could spend a good portion of your day walking around this park. It weird to think that this place is still around, I would have thought they would have torn it down to build more buildings. But this is a part of history. There are two ice skating rinks, a wildlife sanctuary and a playground for children. As well there is expansive grassy areas to relax or partake in a sport. Take a carriage ride too, they are actually pretty fun. Ask to see a condo on the Upper East Side, you will be amazed at how nice and expensive they are.
CrazyLisa CrazyLisa
Jun 11, 2007
Theres nothing better than strolling around Central Park during the day. Its free. Theres usually something going on. I've seen painters, performers, people making balloon animals and much more. Theres lakes, and playgrounds and a tribute (i think it was anyways) to John Lennon. The Met is at Central Park and you can get in there relatively cheap (I've spent hours and hours there) Check out the Obelisk in the back. Brought over from Egypt.

One of my favorite things to do in Central Park is to walk around and think of all the movies I've seen it in. And the fact that you are surrounded by these metal and concrete buildings yet there is this paradise here. Its always a stopping place for me when I go to New York.
Alice in Wonderland Statue in Cent…
portia portia
Feb 10, 2006
The big Central Park is a must-see if you visit New York. In the park,

you can sit at a bench to look at passerbys, ride a horse carriage

(cost money, I have not tried myself, but it was neat to watch them go

by), chase squirrels, play ball or frisbees, ride a bike, jog, feed the

birds, walk your dogs, row a boat, or a remote control boat, take

photos, eat ice creams, or just lay on the grass (when the weather is

nice). You can also watch Pale Male, the famous red tail hawk of New

York and his mate from near the pond along the 5th Ave side of the

park, their nest is on the face of a building on 5th Ave, and you are

sure to see other bird watchers can be seen, so you may not even need

your own binoculars. It's

just a real nice park to relax and enjoy yourself. Even if you never go

to parks this is a park to go to. On a sunny weekend in the springtime,

the flowers would be blooming, and the natives would be out in numbers.
Riding horse carriages in Central …
s7truong s7truong
Nov 14, 2005
Central Park in the fall is a relaxing haven for all New Yorkers. First, its really the only place in Manhattan where you can get away from the cars, towers, and busyness. In the fall (and especially for a newcomer to the East Coast), the changing of the seasons really brings you elsewhere. Also, New York really does it well in the Fall and Winter. There's the skating rink and the lights are up, making a comfortable and not-so-tacky feeling. I'd go every chance I get, and I can't wait to see the snow fall on the trees.
jps3r says:
Actually, you're really forgetting the best and quietest (yes...QUIET in Manhattan!) park: Riverside Park. If you've ever seen the movie, "You've Got Mail," they feature the 96th St. flower garden in Riverside Park. It stretches from Morningside Heights (near Harlem) to the very bottom of the Upper West Side. I would also make sure to check out the Boat Basin Cafe on 79th Street and the river (no avenue, just the good ol Hudson). You may change your tune about Central Park.
Posted on: Jun 11, 2007
joeytuan says:
i think you should put up that macho pic of you in central park from your xanga.
Posted on: Dec 01, 2005
Eric says:
Actually, I think People's Park in Berkeley owns them all.
Posted on: Nov 14, 2005