Central Park Hostel & Inn
19W, New York, NY, USA
Check New York Hotel Deals
Central Park Hostel & Inn New York Reviews
Just a place to stay - nothing special Sep 23, 2009
The Central Park Hostel is nothing special under all the hostels I have been so far.
It is old, used and in some parts quite dodgy.
Things I didn't like:
- The staff flirted heavily with each girl which was traveling alone. And It wasn't a nice way of doing it.
- The staff was average friendly and not really helpful.
- 1 Bathroom for 5 rooms (each up to 10 beds)
- Bathroom and toilettes are not separated!!
- quite a bit lounge area, but bad room climate
- no real hostel feeling
- Its located close to a subways station
- a grocery store is on the opposite side
- Free Wireless lan
- Don't charge you for storing your luggage unless you pick it up before 10 pm
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
at 103 St Jul 03, 2009
To my mind it's just a hostel - a rather cheap accomodation that can be found in NYC. However I must admit that the biggest disadvantage of this hostel - the lack of a lift (or an elevator - whichever you choose:)), so you get to carry all your belongings up to the third or fourth floor which is sort of a challenge as the stairs are pretty high! And then you have to go downstairs after a while... Happily enough, the stairs thing is just one disadvantage I can think of. The location is very attractive - Manhattan is all around, very close to the subway station. They have land pay phones, desktop PCs, WiFi, kitchen area, TVs, ATM - those are in public zones, so there's always a place for socializing.