Central Motel

Check Nelson Bay Hotel Deals

Central Motel Nelson Bay Reviews

jo2010 jo2010
typical tourist trap Jan 11, 2010
DO NOT STAY at the Central Motel in Nelson Bay, Port Stephens. It is NOT safe. My entire handbag was stolen from the room in which we were staying. I am pregnant and my husband and I were on what would possibly be one of our last holidays for sometime. We organised to go to the beach and I hid my handbag in the locked room rather than taking it to the beach as a secure room was obviously appeared a much safer option. Upon return a few hours later I noticed my handbag had been taken from our room. (We noticed that the cleaners had been in the room as our bed was made). When my husband and I reported this awful incident to the owners they were dismissive and overtly denied that it could even have happened. They informed me that they and the cleaners are the only people to have access to the room and the cleaners were family members and wouldn’t take anything. From this point onwards, I believe the situation became even more suspicious.

We reported the crime to the police. When the police came out to the motel the owners’ demeanor changed and both were speaking in a friendly way towards us and the police officers. We asked for a refund for the second night due to the crime that had happened in our room and, in front of the police, they were accommodating and said, “Of course. Not a problem”. As soon as the police officers left their attitude towards us changed and they became rude and very uncooperative. When we again asked for the refund of money for the second night so that we could get home, they blatantly refused and replied with the words, (verbatim) “No. It’s not our problem. Not our fault”.

It was a totally horrible experience. DO NOT STAY HERE it is unsafe, the owners are rude, extremely suspicious and completely inhumane toward a horrible crime that happened in their motel.

Check Nelson Bay Hotel Deals