Central Market

45 Gouger Street , Adelaide, Australia

Central Market Adelaide Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Central Market in Adelaide Feb 04, 2011
No matter where I go, I always want to visit the open or central market. Adelaide wasn't the exception. Before going to the city, I did my research online and found out that this market is the biggest in the region, sweet!

I was so lucky my hosts took me to the market on Friday, which is the day they are open the longest. There is parking in the market, so you don't have to worry about where to park. Also it's located next to Chinatown, so there are plenty of things to do in the area. But you might not have enough time, since the market is big.

They have an area about veggies and fruits, another one for meat and fish. Being Australia a big destination for Asians, it's not surprising you will find food from different Asian countries at the food court. But you can not only find food at the food court, while where you are walking around the different stalls. Found a nice place for frozen yogurt and a sweets store with old style sweets. Great!

If you are in Adelaide, you shouldn't miss the market. You will find bargains there, plus you might see interesting things. I wish I would have been able to do some shopping and bring some of the stuff I saw to Gold Coast...
several cheese stalls
yadilitta says:
yes, markets are a MUST!
montecarlostar says:
Markets are always the expression of people in every country. Practical and convenient in the US, colorful and aromaful in Mexico and Latin America, pictoresque in Europe. I agree, anywhere you are in the world, it's a place to visit!
pacificscorpio says:
Love street markets!

Related Travel Blogs About Central Market

Some fun on KI
So after I wrote that last thing I went and had a boring time in Adelaide. I went to the Central Markets but all that was there was food. I only spent about 10 minutes walking around and then found a…Adelaide. I went to the Central Markets but all that was there was food. I only spent about 10 minutes…

Check Adelaide Hotel Deals