Central Hostel BG Bergamo

Central Hostel BG Bergamo Rates and Deals

Central Hostel BG Bergamo Reviews

planxty planxty
An excellent if completely chance find. Jun 09, 2017
I have mentioned in the main journal entry how fortunate I was to secure the last bed in the Central Hotel BG on a June Friday night, especially as I had just walked up without reservation and the charming young lady on reception told me in perfect English that I was very lucky as it is often fully booked. That'll do me and first things first I enquired did they have a bar and yes they did. In truth it was more of a cafe affair which sold a few drinks but that was a good start.

She talked me through all the facilities which were extensive. There was a garden which I explored next morning and was well-tended, there was decent wifi access in the comunal areas and even a small computer room should you not have had your own device. There was a large recreation / common room which I never saw a single person in although I was only there for one night. They even have bicycles for hire should you feel energetic.

Best of all they have a very good laundry room with efficient industrial machines. After some time on the road travelling very light I was certainly in need of it. Finishing the obligatory beer I went up to inspect the room and found it a typical multi-occupancy affair with bunk beds which proved to be comfortable although the room was a little warm at night even with the windows open but it had been a very warm day. The showering and toilet facilities were immaculate, as indeed was the entire building.

It is an old travel maxim of mine that any establishment is only as good as the staff and the Central has it in spades. No matter how many stupid questions I asked them, or change for the machines or yet another beer (the receptionist doubles as bartender) they were unfailingly friendly and smiled a lot. That was the real clincher for me.

In truth, I was a little sad that I only had to one night in this top-class hostel in a beautiful town but when I did have to go it was only about a ten minute walk to the main train station, it really has a very good location.

Highly recommended.
gillybob gillybob
Great Location May 20, 2011
This review is based on a visit to the Hostel in December 2011 and not based on an actual stay there.

Suvanki and I paid a visit to this Citta Bassa centrally located hostel in December 2011 as part of our preparations for EurMeet in 2012. We spoke to the very helpful receptionist (Valentina) on our arrival and she was very happy to take us around the hostel and show us one of their rooms.

From the outside, the bright red building looks distinctly like a hostel but the interior is well-kept, modern and almost of hotel quality.

There is a good variety of rooms including singles, doubles, triples, quads and mixed dorms. Prices range from €25.00 to €75.00 which includes a continental breakfast served from 07:30 to 10:00.

We viewed a quad room (pic 3), pleasantly furnished and spacious which was provided with four single beds (not bunks), towels and bedding included. Each room is also provided with a TV whilst there is also a communal TV room. The room included lockers for storage of personal items and a safe was provided for valuables. En suite was a spotless shower room including WC and bidet.

The hostel has free WiFi throughout as well as an internet room with 2 PCs.

Unique Qualities: I was really surprised when Valentina informed us of the free telephone available. The hostel also has an excellent standard of security with electronic key fob required for entrance outside of reception hours.

A number of areas in the hostel are furnished with seating so that you can relax in a number of locations, either as a group or as an individual.

Address: 30 Via Ghislanzoni, Bergamo

Quad Room
Bar
En Suite
gillybob says:
Glad to hear that experience of staying was as good as experience of visiting - we were impressed with the staff too. Nice to read your review.
Posted on: Aug 10, 2017
planxty says:
I stayed here back in June for a night and it was brilliant, I really enjoyed it.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2017

Central Hostel BG Bergamo Overview

The Central Hostel BG Bergamo is a few meters from the Porta Nuova and the Via XX Settembre. From the hotel, guests can walk to the main attractions of the Upper City, or connect with the cable car to explore the lower level more fully. The Central Hostel BG Bergamo is located less than 15 minutes from the Orio al Serio Airport. Guests are also close to the Milan-Venice highway if they choose to drive.

The rooms at the Central Hostel BG Bergamo have air conditioning, safe box, satellite television, work desk, and en suite showers. Pets are welcomed at the property.

The Central Hostel BG Bergamo caters to a younger crowd seeking basic accommodation and a flexible living environment. The hostel has an Internet lounge and a TV room where guests can gather for movies. There is also a pub on site with a broad selection of cocktails, local wines, limoncellos, and coffees. Non-smoking spaces are designated, and the staff can arrange transfer service.

Central Hostel BG Amenities

• TV
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower