Central Bank's Money Museum

Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Manila, Philippines

Central Bank's Money Museum Manila Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Money museum of Philippines Apr 06, 2011
This is one of the few free museums in the Philippines. It's open for public tho entrance to the Central Bank is quite strict :)

I work for the central bank so I've been here many times and even showed this place to some TB members I met for lunch :)

The museum is quite new and small and pleasant. We have audio guides but it's not necessary as we have lots of written info posted on the things shown.

The money showcased were from the time of using gold as money and shows other "money" too. There were also "notes" used by the rebels we call guerrillas during the occupation time (spanish and japanese).

There are also old jewelry pieces shown which shows intricate designs typically used by old times and usually religious related like a necklace which looks similar to a rosary made in gold...my grandmother had one...until she gave it to me :P
TravellinChic says:
:) Bring your ID and just a small bag. The security is quite high in my office :P
Posted on: Apr 11, 2011
johx says:
oh my .. this is the first time ive learned about the CB MONEY MUSEUM .. ill visit it one of this days ..
Posted on: Apr 11, 2011