Center4 Hamburgers

94 Kamiichinomachi, Takayama, Japan
Center4 Hamburgers - Sign outside Center4 Hamburgers
Center4 Hamburgers - Chris with a big beer
Center4 Hamburgers - My Hida beef burger
Center4 Hamburgers - In Center4 Hamburgers - antiques spill over from shop to restaurant
Center4 Hamburgers - In Center4 Hamburgers
Center4 Hamburgers - In Center4 Hamburgers
Center4 Hamburgers - Center4 Hamburgers

Center4 Hamburgers Takayama Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Beef burgers to die for! Oct 14, 2013
Chris and I had both loved the Hida beef that our tour guide Andrew had introduced us to on the previous evening, so we decided to try one of the other restaurants he recommended here in Takayama, a place known as Center4 Hamburgers. It sounded like a great place to get a change from Japanese food while still making the most of the high quality local ingredients.

The restaurant is run by a local couple who are clearly enamoured of all things American, as the burgers are served to a background of Johnny Cash music and many of the antiques that spill into the restaurant from the shop in front of it are from the US (though many others are from countries all over the world, as well as from Japan itself). There are just a handful of tables but on the week night we visited there was never more than one other table occupied – surprising perhaps when you consider its reputation.

Less surprising is the menu, which is dominated by burgers, though there are a few other options. The Hida beef burger comes unadorned, as is only right given the quality of the meat, but you can also get burgers made with regular beef and with all the usual toppings such as cheese, bacon, chilli, egg. These are very reasonably priced at around 900¥ - 1,000¥, but you pay considerably more for the Hida beef burger – 2,100¥ (October 2013 price), though that does include fries and a tasty salsa. I know the salsa is tasty because I chose to splash out on that dish, and I was so pleased I did – it was amazing! Chris wanted blue cheese on his burger however so opted for the regular beef, but that too was pretty great. If you don’t want beef you can also get a fish fillet burger, grilled chicken sandwich, veggie burger and several salads. But if you’re a meat eater do consider the Hida beef burger as it really is something special and worth the extra cost.

Our bill came to 5,459¥ for the two of us, which included two large draft beers each (Kirin Ichiban). There’s also a wide range of bottled beers from Germany, Belgium and the US. I've marked this as expensive, but if you were to skip the Hida beef prices would be about average or even cheap for Takayama
Center4 Hamburgers
In Center4 Hamburgers
In Center4 Hamburgers
In Center4 Hamburgers - antiques s…

Check Takayama Hotel Deals