Celtic Lodge Guesthouse

Celtic Lodge Guesthouse Rates and Deals

Celtic Lodge Guesthouse Dublin Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Great location, affordable, and great staff! Mar 30, 2015
For the first night of my visit to Dublin I selected The Celtic Lodge Guesthouse. It's located at 81-82 Talbot Street which is conveniently located near everything you would want to see. I've only been here a few days but it seems that everything is pretty much within walking distance. I suppose that is always a matter of opinion, though. I don't mind walking so it was fine with me. I didn't actually time it but I think it probably only took me about a half hour by bus to get from the airport to O'Connell Street which intersects with Talbot Street and is only a couple of minutes away from the hotel. And it probably only took that long because of the amount of stops along the way.

Talbot Street has most everything you would need including bars, restaurants, convenient stores, dry cleaning, Starbucks, etc. There's even a mall. I did not really check out the mall but I might at a later time as I will be returning to Dublin in a week or so.

I must admit that this was the smallest room I have ever stayed in. My bedroom at home is bigger than the rooms I stayed at here. But how much space do you actually need anyway? The beds are not comfortable at all unless you want to feel like you are sleeping on a cardboard box on the sidewalk. There were twl twin beds that if you are 6' or taller be prepared for your feet to dangle off the end. The bathroom consisted of the usual…a shower, a sink, and a toilet. Were you expecting a bar? It was really small, though. I could wash my hands, take a shower, and use the toilet all at the same time.

But don't get me wrong I still liked it there. It was very clean. Albeit there was some mold in the bathroom in the second room. Not something I really cared about so no big deal to me. The wifi did not work well (if at all) in my first room. The night attendant, although apologetic, didn't seem too concerned about it. I wouldn't have either if it weren't for the fact that my cell phone was also not working and I had no way to contact my friend that is going to meet me in Dublin a few days later.

The initial two gentlemen that greeted me when I arrived were incredibly nice and welcoming. They assisted me in my inquiries about obtaining a SIM card and helped me out when my adapter wasn't working.

There was also a lovely young lady who was really helpful when I decided to stay a second night. I wasn't able to keep the first room since it was already booked but she told me that the cleaning staff would move my backpack to the new room when it was ready. I thought that was very nice of them. She was also very helpful with giving me directions and just all around friendly in general.

The hotel also has a bar next door called The Celt, which is real gem. Free breakfast was included. The dining room staff were so nice and very funny, too! The lady that served me on my final morning was an absolute riot! Loved her sense of humor. The staff at this place are truly to be commended! I would stay there again just because of them.

The wifi worked fine in the second room I am happy to say which was a relief under the circumstances.

Also of note, the heat is only operating during certain parts of the day. I can't remember exactly the timeframe but it was something like 9pm to 9am. But you could notify them if you needed it outside of those times.

All in all I would recommend this place. It's not the nicest place I've ever stayed at but I definitely enjoyed my stay.
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Scot! well done great surprise to see you on front page! :)
Posted on: Apr 08, 2015
Ils1976 says:
congrats on your featured review, one of many to follow! :D
Posted on: Apr 08, 2015
hanleyscot says:
Hahaha! Contrary to popular belief there is more to see in Dublin than just the inside of a bar! Wow…never thought those words would come out of my mouth. haha!
Posted on: Apr 02, 2015
malinita malinita
Aug 14, 2013
B&B in Nice and not so fare from city center and the room is a beat small. You get watercooker in the room and free coffee or tea. breakfast is included and it is Irish breakfast. for me just a smal plate and not more. The Guesthouse is nearby a bar "The celt" and a resturante. you may in the backyard hear the noice of the nearby hostel and it is just Wi- Fi in the room.

Celtic Lodge Guesthouse Overview

An ideal base from which to explore Dublin, this Victorian residence is located in the heart of the city, just a short walk from Temple Bar’s numerous restaurants and pubs. Recently restored, the house has been tastefully decorated to a very high standard. There are double, twin and single - bedded rooms to choose from, all en-suite and equipped with cable television, coffee and tea making facilities and hairdryers. Lunch and dinner are served in its recently-opened restaurant. Offering home-baked bread, fresh salads, daily seafood, vegetarian and seasonal specials, it is fully licensed, with a wide offer of French and new world wines. Traditional Irish cuisine - with Irish Stew, Beef & Guinness Stew and Celt Coddle, among others - is served all day in the bar. In the evenings, pay a visit to the Celt Pub, famous for its fantastic atmosphere and traditional Irish music every night. Located right next door to the guesthouse, you won’t have to travel far at the end of the night to get to your cosy bed.

Celtic Lodge Guesthouse Amenities