Celebrity Xpedition

Celebrity Xpedition Baltra Reviews

mellemel8 mellemel8
49 CABIN BOAT IN THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS Apr 27, 2008
This is an *********ALL INCLUSIVE********* cruise in the Galapagos

WHICH MEANS, SODA, ALCOHOL, BEER, JUICES, ALCOHOL, BEER, AND ALCOHOL IS PART OF THE PRICE OF THE CRUISE. DID I MENTION BEER & ALCOHOL??!? :P

there is a catch, if you want the first class quality for instance, GREY GOOSE, BELVEDERE, and PATRON there is a price.

the staff and officers are very professional and helpful. the naturalist NOT tour guides were very informative, patient, and passionate about "their" Galapagos.

my mum and i's cabin is comfortable. however, why would want to hang in your cabin with a small window and there are marine life to observe.

the food was mediocre however, the desserts were outstanding. the food is fresh made from the local brans in the island and ecuador.

the entertainment is educational and amusing because of the cruise director.

the hiking activities are set up for all levels of activities from HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW LEVEL INTENSITY. same with the snorkeling. i have done a mix of both. my mum is over weight and she enjoyed the med/low intensity hikes. YOU SEE MORE WILDLIFE IN THE MED/LOW INTENSITY HIKES.

the ship is about 2 miles from the islands. the zodiacs boats are means of transportaton to the islands.

it is nice to be welcomed with a cold towel, snacks and vodka fruit smoothie after a nice hike on the ship :)

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CRUISE LINE. IT A A FLEXIBLE SEATING. THIS IS THE SMALLEST BOAT I HAVE EVER BEEN. MUM AND I ENJOY IT VERY MUCH.

TIPS:

1) bring your own snorkeling gear minus the fins. if you have a phobia with germs. if not the ship provides the wet suit, snorkeling gear and fins.

2) bring hiking sandles like TEVAS OR KEENS or water slippers, you can purchase it in a marine boat supply store or target.

3) if you don't have binoculars, the ship provides it.

4) bring very light long sleeve shirts and pants if you burn easily or not be beaten by bugs.

5) bring a waterproof safari hat.

6) bring 40 or higher sunblock lotion. it is very hot and humid.

7) bring a "camel pak" it is holds about 2 liters of liquids. it is a backpack. some styles you can hold items in. it is the best thing i bought.

8) bring polarized sunglasses
WHERE WE EMBARK
AFT
ZODIAC BOATS
mellemel8 says:
BOOZE IS ALWAYS IMPORTANT :)
Posted on: May 16, 2008
aswold says:
Good info!
Posted on: May 07, 2008
ratu says:
Ha ha ha
Fun review: "Did I mention Beer & Alcohol?"
Posted on: May 05, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Celebrity Xpedition

My thoughts about the galapagos islands & about the celebrity xpedition
DAY 10 (GOOD GOD I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TANNED, CAN YOU FIND ME IN THE DARK!!!!!!!!!!!) As I got on the zodiac for the last time, it was ironic Eduardo was our zodiac driver. We started with Eduardo…xpedition get smaller and smaller. I was sad to feel I won’t see my beloved islands for a long time or ever. It was a sunny and cool…

Compare Galapagos Islands Hotel Rates (4.9km away)

Baltra Map