Celebrity Summet Caribbean Cruise

Celebrity Summet Caribbean Cruise - Walter on deck

Celebrity Summet Caribbean Cruise San Juan Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Cruise the eastern Caribbean Mar 23, 2015
I promised my wife 10 years ago that I would take her to St. Croix sometime. Few ships ever go there and almost all would take me to other islands that I dont want to go to. Then Celeberty offered us a trip to St. Croix with 4 other very good islands and we could not let the oppertunity pass though we had other important things to do. What the heck, when it comes to vacation in other good countries...the world can wait for us to return.

After a long day flying on two jets to Puerto Rico the last thing I needed was aggravation. Well, Celebrity was a mess of aggravation to me then, starting with Custimer Service (they use another name...it used to be the Pursers Desk.) Right after the muster drill we went to Custimer Service for two of their routein services. After waiting in line I got to an agent. I held out my lanyard and my ship card and asked him to punch a hole on the computer dead side of the card so I can clip my card to my lanyard around my neck and be hands free and pockets free. He said that cant be done and argued with me for five minutes till another agent appeared and punched the hole in my ships card and I attached the card to my lanyard around neck and I was hands free. I brought up the second duty I needed him for (I wont mention that) and he got rude and talked to me with a condescending attitude and I was insulted by a stupid man treating me like an inferior person. We argued a while and he just left and abandened his post. Then I got back in line and got a nice agent that finished my business in less than a minute. As I walked away the "dude" got back in his post.

I got to my cabin and the aggravation continued. The electrical box of four outlet plugs sunk in a quarter of an inch deeper than the outside plastic guard making the electrical outlets unusable. Then the refridgerator was a little cool but nowhere near cold. We called maintenance and they refused to come and look at the problems. They simply told me that their refridgerators were not designed to be cold. BS!

Well, we paid our money and it was time for us to have fun and forget the BS. We had a wonderful time at our ports: St. Croix USVI, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, and St. Thomas USVI. The beaches and shopping were really nice. I even got to haggel down the price in the open air markets on island shirts, caps and large coffee mugs. I got my wife her christmas present, Valentine's present, and birthday present... all gold with rocks. Slyvia got me presents also. We had a wonderful time on our vacation cruise.

We are country folks and dont do the formal dinners. We do buffets. Breakfast and lunch were a little poor but the buffet dinners were very good. For lunch we started doing the bar with free burgers, sausage and fries and that was good. The buffet had an ice cream (free) bar.

Well the management and ship I give one star and the workers I give five stars. The buffet people were very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed happy chat with workers of many ethnic groups. We gave some tips out at the end of the cruise to several of our favorite buffet workers. A special thanks to Olga the evening ice cream worker. Every evening she would special order me some of my favorite ice cream...sugar free strawberry. She was nice to all who visited her ice cream bar.
Celebrity at port
Walter on deck
cabin
Olga...queen of ice cream
Ils1976 says:
Good or bad, it is always nice to know ... a bit late, but congrats on your feature! :)
Posted on: Mar 29, 2015
walterman9999 says:
Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback. I dont know why TB only features my negative reviews...when I get jacked around I take notes so I remember the details. Bryan, "not designed to get cold", I went through a bit of a rage when they told me that. Then I went through hell just getting an ice bucket.
Thanks again TBs.
Posted on: Mar 28, 2015
cimtech says:
Nice that you had fun and beautiful weather !
Posted on: Mar 28, 2015