Celadon Royal Thai Cuisine

+603 2148 8708

Celadon Royal Thai Cuisine Kuala Lumpur Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Celadon Royal Thai Cuisine Nov 16, 2014
Ambiance - cozy, comfortable, relaxing, nice decor, Thai songs were played in the restaurant

Service - serving was fast, but waiters/waitresses were not too welcoming. just average

Taste - very authentic, tasty.

Price - on the high side.

My friend and I had an early dinner around 6.30pm and I think there were only 2 tables occupied then. Service was relatively fast, also possibly because there was no crowd then? They have a great selection of Thai food and we simply had not enough capacity to try all.

Their Tomyum Kung is a must. Its spicy-sourish flavour will make you ask for more. Since we tried their green curry before, we decided to try something else this time - the fried 'money bags'. It was ok, but cannot beat the Tomyum Kung. Their Pomelo Salad was also not bad, but it tasted too sweet, not a good compliment to the sourish Tomyum Kung.

More and more people came in after 7pm and soon the place was full. However, most of the people who went there were foreigners, very well-dressed foreigners. My friend and I started feeling out-of-place as we were dressed up too casually. (It's only when I wrote this blog when I found out it's a fine dine restaurant).

It's a very good place for dates/gatherings. Not too noisy and comfortable for a good chat.
vances says:
Excellent review - I just had some tomyum soup last weekend...now I want more!

:^)
Posted on: Dec 22, 2014
trippin_jen says:
or their less-welcoming service was because of our dressing. lol.. oh who cares.. as long as our tummies were satisfied. lol
Posted on: Nov 17, 2014
westwind57 says:
complete review as always... but I'd never bother, if there would be dress code they'd told you. I don't think the number of well dressed foreigners should be the measure of fine dine or not though. Maybe the next day they flock in the MacD... :D
Posted on: Nov 16, 2014