Cedars dining room at the Sawmill Inn

Highway 169 South (2301 South Pokegama Avenue), Grand Rapids, MN, USA

Cedars dining room at the Sawmill Inn Grand Rapids Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Local's say a very good restaurant Jun 17, 2008
When asking around for a good place to eat my mom and I were directed to the Sawmill Inn. They are apparently known for their ribeye which is considered "the best steak in Rapids".

When we got there we didn't go for the steak. We were famished, but we got the reubens; my mom the turkey reuben and myself the standard reuben. They were both delicious... but it could be because I was starving as it was after noonish and I didn't eat since 6:30ish AM and was in the car for ever!

But the atmosphere was fabulous. Each table had it's own niche for you to feel secluded and in the center of the room is a fire pit that they sometimes light to give it that home feeling in the log cabin as the walls and posts are all made of logs!

The waitress we had was a little flighty though. Apparently they just got done with a wicked busy lunch hour and she didn't get to eat yet. She was very nice, don't get me wrong. But when she came back to get our order my mom said that she would want to start out with a coffee... and she OK and just walked away. We still wanted to order food at that time... I was famished. And since we're farther away from the cities the slower the service was so it was a while for her to come back. But when she did she was great!
Cedars Dining Room @ Sawmill Inn
alyssa_ob says:
I have never yet eaten here, but I've often but in GR for work. Maybe now I'll try it out!
Posted on: Oct 09, 2008