Cebu Pacific

Cebu Pacific Manila Reviews

Amrisalem Amrisalem
the Funny, the Confusing and the Unreliable Jan 16, 2011
well well well

it is a very cheap airline and it should be fine for short flights, i would not say that i would never fly with them again, but it is good to expect worse case scenarios.

the Funny:

As they have introduced a couple of games, the hostess asks a question and whoever answers first gets a gift, we won a plastic bucket :). On our way to Boracay, there was a British couple that could not stop laughing at the concept and the guy almost turned blue :). Also when landing it was like using the hand breaks for a sudden stop, we got used to the noise and shakes as this was not our first flight with the airliner. but the British couple were having mixed emotions; the lady was scared to death and that was bloody funny as we were observing her reactions, she almost jumped on her seat and raising her arms, the guy was laughing to death, I guess the guy was in a laughing therapy as he kept on laughing the whole flight duration :)

The Confusing:

On-line booking was confusing, as you choose the departure and return dates another will show up in the ticket. So I had to cancel the ticket but I never received my refund.

Had to make all flights booking from their Manila office. As we were visiting a lot of islands we had to book tickets for 4 destinations, a time consuming process in the absence of a reliable on-line booking system.

The Unreliable:

As we were leaving Boracay heading to Bohol, departing from Caticlan airport our flight got cancelled and the reason is “it is raining”, noting that is was normal rains. They asked all passengers on that flight to fly from Kalibo airport and join a scheduled flight. We were asked to pay for transportation!!!!! and join that flight which was almost 50% cheaper than our flight, did we get the price difference back? NO did we receive an apology? NO

Even transportation was not comfortable, it was a fully packed Toyota mini bus, and it took us around 2 hours to reach Kalibo airport.

Later we found that there was a lot of vacant seats, I guess they wanted to make more profits by combining a more expensive flight with another cheaper one.

The good thing was that we had the chance to see more of the beautiful Philippines countryside while on our way to Kalibo airport.

Bohol airport
rheagirl says:
Almost everytime i book my flights, it's Cebu Pacific offers the cheapest. Though, I would rather choose other airlines due to countless annoying delays. I wish there are more options.. I had cancelled a flight before and got the refund after 3 months. ggrr.. I want my refund so i patiently called the office weekly. :(
TravellinChic says:
most welcome :) I usually prefer PAL bec most of the time, the price is almost the same and they used to do refunds, unlike Cebu Pacific...

However, I heard even PAL followed suit with this "travel fund" notion..not good for consumers at all...but they are almost monopolizing the air here so the consumers cant do much about it. uff!
Amrisalem says:
we have tried Philippines airline, Business class and Economy.
it was alright
azzurri azzurri
Nov 16, 2006
If you're looking to fly to other parts of the Philippines, try Cebu Pacific. It's "low cost", and they often have promo fares (better to check out their website regularly). They've also introduced some international destinations.
Amanda says:
Thanks! That will help us a lot!!
Posted on: Apr 10, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Cebu Pacific

Manila Domestic Airport = Nightmare!
  11.00 update: What a long travel. After the 3 hour flight I could once again set foot on Philippines soil at 6am (there's one hour time diffrence between Bangkok and Manila) as Cebu Pacific …Manila) as Cebu Pacific flight 5J932 sat it's wheels on the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila. Now like…
on the road
[been putting off writing about traveling because procrastination is my middle name :)] It's quite easy to travel to Bohol, a pretty little island in the Visayan region of the philippines. So i'd ad…cebu pacific flight to Manila. Stranded like refugees in the Manila domestic airport at midnight. About 4am boarded another cebu
Manila Day Trip
I recently came back from my Philippines trip with three of my friends from Singapore - Adam, an American, Elaine, a Singaporean, and Juan, from UK.  Don't ask me how we were able to form t…Manila via Cebu Pacific on midnight of November 16th, Friday.  Adam, Elaine and I were on the same flight…

Check Manila Hotel Deals