Caving Under Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Caving Under Budapest Reviews

ebonics101 ebonics1…
What a workout! May 16, 2015
For 7500HUF, I got to go crawling, climbing, jumping and sliding in caves under Budapest. This is not your regular tourist cave adventure and I highly suggest that if you are interested in this activity then you continue to read my review.

First and foremost, the caves are located a short distance from the center of the city in Buda. I met with the group and guides near the international train station and had to take two buses to get to the caving area. It is imperative be as punctual as possible because our caving adventure took about 2 hours to start due to waiting on others to arrive.

Once the adventure does start, the guide provides you with a special suit, helmet and flashlight so you won't get dirty and you can see inside the cave. Then, after a short walk, the fun begins and by fun I mean a 3 hour workout. You will slide on your butt and back, crawl on your belly and knees, pull yourself up and through narrow passages, jump, and if you're as luck as I was, get stuck and have to wiggle yourself free. Total body workout for your arms, shoulder, elbows, hips, knees and legs so expect to sweat.

Our guide spoke great English, very fast, and told a lot of jokes that we didn't understand but laughed at anyway because he was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable. He's been caving 20 years and working with that enterprise for 17 and will tell you that repeatedly. He will save you if you get stuck (by telling you how to set yourself free) and offer alternatives if you just cannot with the small spaces anymore.

All in all it was an adventure that was well worth the price. I just wished I had known a few things going like: EAT A LOT BEFORE YOU GO and STRETCH A LOT AFTER YOU LEAVE.

Check Budapest Hotel Deals