Caversham Wildlife Park

Lord Street, Perth, Australia

Caversham Wildlife Park Perth Reviews

avatar2010 avatar20…
Caversham Wildlife Park Dec 15, 2010
Caversham Wildlife Park is located within the area of Whiteman Park. It is a wildlife sanctuary, where visitors can enjoy viewing the large variety of animals, especially the 'local' ones. Though I'd say the collections are similar to the one in Perth Zoo, the added value is that visitors can have some interactions with the animals (and of course the kids love it).

Though the park open from 9 am to 5.30 pm, it is recommended to come in the morning, rather than later in the afternoon, as there are several animal shows throughout the day. In fact they don't recommend visitors to go in the park after 4.30pm. To explore the whole section of the park, allocate 2-3 hours.

Entry fee is 22 AUD / adult, with cheaper price for children and concession holders. The park is also reachable with public transport Transperth (train and bus). For the visitors arriving with bus, the park provides coach to transfer the visitors from front gate into the park (per request). Overall, I would say visiting this park is more exciting and memorable than the zoo (besides the travel).

Details of the park can be conveniently obtained from their official website :
Horus380 Horus380
View with the Roo May 10, 2008
I went with a travel buddy to Caversham Wildlife Park to meet up with some friendly Kangaroos as she had never seen one before. The last time i had been there was when I was very young. This is definitely the place to go if you want to interact with the Kangaroos, here you can feed them, pat them and they love being in photos.

The area where you can play with the Kangaroos is a good size and you get to see the big Reds, the Greys and even some Albino Kangaroos. Caversham also has a large collection of other Aussie animals and the best one to view are the Koalas. I am sure that when i was younger I got to hold one at Caversham but I wasn't allowed to this time around. Holding a Koala might not be possible anymore, but you can definitely touch them and have your photo taken along side one which I think is just as good (better even as they have sharp claws that dig in).

There are big aviaries full of birds that you can walk in. I'm not really a bird fan so I gave this a miss, but i am sure that they would have been great also. Caversham also has all kinds of little marsupials, and cute possums and even some flying foxes which I think are cool (My nieces birthday is coming up so I got her a flying fox complete with leather wings :) )

I didn't get to see my favourite animal (the Wombat) because it was hiding in its den, but i did get to see some strange Tasmanian Devils. The Devil was just running around in a big circle around his enclosure, i was watching him for about 10 minutes and it just ran around and around. A British couple were also amazed at this weird behavior and they said it must be battery powered on a track as it didn't look alive.

I had a fantastic time looking and interacting with all the animals and it has made me appreciate the Aussie animals more. I see Kangaroos all the time when I am in the bush but you never get a chance to get up close to one as wild Kangaroos avoid human contact.

Caversham is only 25 minutes from the city center and is great value for money. The cost is $17 for adults and $11 for kids and then you can stay as long as you like. Playing with the kangaroos and Koalas doesn't cost any extra which is great too.

I would recommend Caversham for any visitor to Perth as it is the best place to see a kangaroo up close.
I love the Kangaroos expression.
awesome little possum
very scary shot, but had to be don…
Tasmanian Devil
nansje23 nansje23
Caversham Wildlife Park Sep 04, 2008
Oh we loved it in Caversham Wildlife Park in Perth, Australia.

We had the time of our lives over there.. It was our first Wldlife Park in Australia too see.. we spend over 4 hours there..

It's not a real big park what we know here in Holland, but it's fun and cool! Instead of a goat farm what we know here in Holland you have a kangaroo farm where you can feed, cuddle, pet the kangaroo's!! So great!!! =)

You can also let your foto taken with a wombat.. and the wombat was sleeping when we had our photo taken! haha.. that's really funny!

You can see the dangerous cassowary, wallabies, all different kinds of birds and they also have a little corner with reptiles.
A white possum
Koala baby
Lenn with his poker friends

Check Perth Hotel Deals