Cave Bar

Petra, Jordan

Cave Bar Petra Reviews

bethie524 bethie524
Nice bar but discriminatory policies Mar 25, 2010
Last month, I was travelling with my friend through Petra. It was her 25th birthday so we were looking for a good place to celebrate and thought the a bar inside a Nabotean tomb would be perfect. However, when we started making plans and inviting some of our Jordanian friends, they told us they weren't welcome at the Cave Bar. As they explained, the bar has a policy of only serving tourists - no locals. We went by the bar to complain about the policy and inform them that we would no longer be celebrating at their bar. While they apologized for their policy and expressed their regrets that we had decided not to have our celebration with them, they did nothing to dispute their policy nor did they offer to allow our Jordanian friends to join us.
mariarita_h says:
I am surprised to read that they dont serve locals. In october when I was there I saw many locals, (even Petra donkeydrivers) on the terrace outside. It was a local friend who invited me to this bar. Or do they only serve locals when they accompanied by a tourist? Maybe they didnt like the idea of serving alcohol to locals.
Posted on: Oct 26, 2011
Biedjee Biedjee
Expensive but worthwhile oddity Apr 25, 2007
The cave bar is a 2000 year old Nabataean tomb, transferred into a classy pub. This is an excellent place to wind down after a long day in Petra, sipping a beer, a cocktail or a sheesha.

Seating is actually arranged in little side-tombs, though perhaps some may find this a bit morbid. There is an outside seating area as well.

The place has daily live Bedouin music and also serves local style food.

Prices are high, especially for Jordanian standards, but evenso it is worth it just for the experience.
Cave Bar