Cat's Hostel Madrid

Check Madrid Hotel Deals

Cat's Hostel Madrid Reviews

Holidays2011 Holidays…
A lot of fun Feb 09, 2012
The hostel is really central. You can go to any place just walking.

I stayed in a large room (12 people) for about 15€ night, it is quite ok. There are a lot of showers so you never have to wait what is really good.

The breakfest is ok (toasts or croissant, milk or coffee and orange juice), not a buffet.

The best part of this hostel are the common areas - you have a bar so it is easy to meet people. And they organize a lot of activities - there is a pub crawling every night. I have done that and was so fun!

If you are travelling by yourself or in small groups and want to enjoy madrid nightlife with a lot of multicultural people, this place is perfect :-)
cunnie06 cunnie06
Very nice hostel Jul 23, 2011
Cat's Hostel Madrid is located in a 17th century palace in Spain's capital city. The first thing you notice is the grandeur of the place. Also it is very clean and well maintained. On arriving myself and my friend booked a double room for just 35 euro a night for 4 nights. The room was small but comfortable with secure storage lockers. The shower rooms where always empty and the place was not overcrowded at all. The Hostel organizes nights out which I went on, which was fun. I'm a Liverpool fan and we had just watched the Reds beat Real in the Bernabeu that night so the alcohol was slipping down us pretty easily. Lots of songs and dancing. You also get free breakfast, which help cure the hangover. The one criticism would be that the airport transport they offer is not very good. Did not turn up!
ktbee ktbee
fun place to stay Sep 14, 2011
The bar in this place was nice, and pretty cheap. It makes it easy to meet other travelers. They have good/ a few free tours. PLUS, they also offered free internet...which was great. The only bad side was the common areas closed fairly early.
dioantoni dioantoni
Sep 08, 2011
Clean and tidy hostel with good hospitality, they have bar underground. Cheers
jessicabel jessicab…
In expensive, nice and close to everything! Jul 06, 2011
It was a really nice place. The staff were nice and spoke good English (which can help). It is located 3 blocks from the Metro Line, and I would say in the middle of Madrid so you have things to do all around you i.e. sightseeing and partying!
DAVE321 DAVE321
Really nice May 14, 2011
The hostel is really beautiful inside. I met a lot of nice people there. The breakfast is good, fresh croissant was served when I was there. The bathroom were OK. It's kinda noisy during the morning however.
alberto85 alberto85
great hostel! Jan 27, 2011
Very beautiful hostel situated in a old palace!

very clean..there is a nice and cheap bar inside and every night thare is the pub crawl..it's easy to meet know people!
jackchu58 jackchu58
really cool hostel Feb 12, 2010
It was little bit away from del sol metro station, which is where all the bars are at. there is a really cool bar in the basement. Great way to meet new people. Good price and helpful staff
kimakje kimakje
Jan 27, 2008
this hostel was awesome. Free breakfast, cheap rooms and it was easy to meet people (especially as a lone traveller) because of the patio and the bar.
dfoo dfoo
Nov 21, 2007
Really good hostel. The one night I stayed there whilst I was in transit was a lot better than the other hostel I stayed in Madrid.

Location: Close to plenty of bars and running distance from the train station when you accidently sleep in.

Security: Pretty good. No broken door locks, and pretty modern security system.

Amenities: Bathrooms were clean

Staff: Fantastic. Really friendly and helpful. We left our luggage/backpacks in the left luggage/locked room they have for more than a day and they were cool with it. Which meant we didn't need to hire a locker at the train station.

Would go back in a heartbeat.
cotterb cotterb
Aug 05, 2006
When I first found the hostel I felt it was in a rough neighborhood. It is just off of Calle de Atocha which is a major street you can find easily from the train station. I took the metro subway up and finding the hostel was's too difficult.

They use an electronic key system that is unlike any I've seen elsewhere. It's about the size of a small watch and it comes with a band that you could put around your wrist if you wanted to. Like hotel keys it will only allow you in certain places. Obviously it lets you in the main door and your room but it also locks your locker which is nice so you don't have to think about a key. The actual mechinisms are a bit strange but once you get used to them they're nice.

There are 4 internet computers for free, a bar that opens at night, breakfast, and vending machines that serve water, beer, and sodas atgreat prices.

The hostel provides all of your bed linen but you have to request the top sheet. Its free just ask. They will loan you a towel for 1€.

The rooms are air conditioned but the one in my room made a strange vibrating noise that made it difficult to sleep.

The hostel, I found out, is located very close to a lot of night life. There's a movie theater just up the street and a lot of bars, resturants, and dance clubs, very close. The hostel itself is just off the beaten track though and even I started looking over my shoulder as I made my way back home after dinner.

For wash facilities if you're in a dorm then there are bathrooms for men and women. The showers are small stalls with closing doors but barelyl enough space to wash, let alone towel dry so do not expect a lot of privacy. I actually found myself changing in the dorm room when the girls were away as they are mixed dorms.

All and all I don't mind this hostel but based on my previous expriences I would be suprised if there wasn't better at around the same price. I would suggest that travellers look for other options and use this as a back up.

Check Madrid Hotel Deals