Cathay Pacific Lounge, SFO

SFO airport, San Francisco Airport, USA

Cathay Pacific Lounge, SFO San Francisco Airport Reviews

Vikram Vikram
It's your typical 5 star Cathay Pacific experience Feb 08, 2018
My maiden visit to a Cathay Pacific Lounge was last summer - in London Heathrow Terminal 3. I was bowled over by what a well oiled machine it is. I've posted a review about it on this site as well. At the time, I remember writing - they're in BA's backyard, and yet beat BA at their own game. Well, SFO was no different.

As I was flying on BA, I could use my frequent flier status to enter the CX lounge. And mind you, I wasn't the only one. BA and Qantas fliers also prefer the CX Lounge to the other lounges, simply because of how good it is.

I wouldn't quite say this lounge is as good as the one in Heathrow, but overall it's a cut above the rest.

Getting there is the best part - you walk into a rather quiet area - walk through a long corridor filled with classical paintings from various airlines before reaching the lounge. It almost feels like an office building.

And once you enter, the lounge again is quite long - so you have to walk along the corridors again to see the various sections (computer area, bar stool area, sofa area, bathrooms and toilets, etc.).

What's good: well, all the trimmings that one expects out of a Cathay Pacific Lounge - great quiet seats, strong wifi, good selection of F&B, clean and big bathrooms for that hot shower, etc.

What's not so good: I wouldn't outright say these are the bad things about the lounge, but my benchmark is their excellent Heathrow T3 Lounge. So in comparison to that, the F&B section felt a bit devoid of variety (only a selection of cold sandwiches and awful cupcakes). Mind you, this is still a 5 star experience compared to American carriers' lounges. Also, I missed the noodle bar. It's open only 2 hours before a Cathay Pacific departure. The next one was at 10pm so the bar would open at 8pm (tough luck my getting it ,as my departure was 830p). Also, the views are quite disappointing. You only see partial views of the tarmac and the gates, and that too, only from certain 'sections' of the lounge.

All things being said, this is an excellent lounge. Very well maintained, very friendly staff and very clean and quiet.
To me, this was the favourite part…
Lounge entrance
The lounge and entrance
cotton_foam says:
Clean and crisp pictures too! :)
Posted on: Feb 13, 2018

Compare Millbrae Hotel Rates (2.5km away)

Cathay Pacific Lounge, SFO Map