Catfish King Restaurant

Catfish King Restaurant - salad bar

Catfish King Restaurant Lufkin Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Catfish King Restaurant, Lufkin, Texas USA Dec 05, 2016
We were in Lufkin on gun business (we are not on any government emergency call systems or on GPS, so I got some good three inch magnum rounds) and Lufkin has better restaurants than Nacogdoches. We decided on fried catfish, a good southern meal. We found Catfish King convenient on the Lufkin loop so in we went.

Quickly we found that it was more a fast food place than a restaurant, and broke the mold of great Lufkin restaurants. The food was 2.5 stars, but the great friendly service that I value took it up to three stars in my book. The salad was the best part of the meal...though I love good catfish. We got a doggie bag and drove home by way of some dirt roads in Blue instead of the paved highway. I gave the leftovers to my doggie. They must have gone downhill from our last visit. There is no good catfish to be had in Nacogdoches.
salad bar
my catfish & shrimp
walterman9999 says:
Yes Melanie, we were looking forward to good catfish.
Posted on: May 20, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
That's a bummer that the quality of the meal has dropped since last time Walter.
Posted on: May 20, 2016
walterman9999 walterma…
Catfish King, Lufkin, Texas USA Dec 05, 2016
We were in Lufkin on business and wondering where to eat. We stopped at the Catfish King for lunch. It was inside the Lufkin loop (TX 287) and shortly before the exit for US 59 South and Houston exit. Inside it was a bit rough and not at all fancy. The employees were nice and pleasant, and the service was fast. The food was hot and tasty and we got plenty to eat. Soon we got to eating catfish, fries, coleslaw, hush puppies, and beans. (All good food especially the catfish.) The food was also reasonably priced.

We had a good eating experience and would definitely go back to Catfish King when back in Lufkin. I love good catfish.
Catfish King serving counter